1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making my life easier as a web designer

Discussion in 'General Business' started by goldenkitty2k, Jul 10, 2011.

Hello,

I'm a web designer and I'm sorta new to the whole freelancing thing but I have a question. Are there online agencies or services that help freelance web designers find clients for web work?

The following is what I'd like to call my projected workflow.

- Marketing & Advertising
    -- Spread my portfolio around in an effort to seek clients.
    -- Preliminary communication with client to ascertain scope of project and provide a quote.

- Web Design
    -- Make preliminary design in photoshop (acquire client's approval before proceeding to next step).

- Web Development
    -- Convert PSD design to XHTML/CSS/JQUERY
    -- Convert HTML document to some CMS (i.e.: wordpress, joomla, etc.)

- Post-Development
    -- Make necessary tweaks to design and/or functionality.
    -- Profit.

I'd rather not have to deal with the 'Marketing & Advertising' portion and rather concentrate more on actually making the website. I'm looking for an agency or a person that has the connections to supply me with a constant stream of projects based on my skillset. Naturally this person or agency would receive a cut from each project (I guess a 'finder's fee' or something of that sort).

goldenkitty2k, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lazzy people don't have success ...

w3bmaster, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  3. goldenkitty2k

goldenkitty2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Err not sure how that would translate to laziness. I'm just a web designer not a marketing expert.

goldenkitty2k, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  4. hostrea

hostrea Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you would be surprised if you approached ad agencies with your portfolio and told them you would like to pick up some freelance work from them. Most small to medium sized agencies only staff one or two lead designer/developers and out source the rest if possible to reduce costs in the lean times. This is not lazy it is only providing mor revenue for you.

hostrea, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  5. goldenkitty2k

goldenkitty2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah it makes sense to me. Having just one guy do all the work (find clients, communicate with clients, quote project, design layout, and program) seems unreasonable to me. I'd rather be in a team where everyone has their own specific role. It seems more efficient and smart to work that way (projects get done faster).

goldenkitty2k, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  6. dsouravs

dsouravs Peon

Best Answers:
    In freelancing that's not possible....i mean tough if you are an individual freelancer...in freelancing you are a 1 man army unless you have 1-2 other freelancers or friends to help you....I am also a web designer freelancer and currently I am going through that phase...Btw you said you know CMS...so will you partner with me for converting html to any cms....

Thnx

dsouravs, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  7. flamedesign

flamedesign Guest

Best Answers:
    you are looking for a designer representative! there are lots of those guys, you might want to join a association of graphic artist/designer and they pretty much have connections there.

flamedesign, Jul 18, 2011 IP