1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MAMBO gurus please !!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Jim bob 9 pants, Apr 2, 2006.

Hi

I am new to MAMBO and just creating a site for a friend, when I create new links in menu manager somtimes I get a little padlock, and when I mouseover I get "checked out" whats this mean, I want to delete lots of these practice links but I cannot

Thanks in advance

Jim Bob

Jim bob 9 pants, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Mambo / Joomla is designed to have any number of people managing the system. So it locks out records when someone is editing them to prevent it being edited twice. It's pretty cool.

However you've done what newbies always do, and I do mean always. You open something up, take a look and then decide you don't want to make any changes. Then you click on one of the other menu options rather than pressing the cancel or close button. Either that, or you let the session timeout when you do other stuff.

So, there is an option to clear all locks, or if it was you who locked it in the first place you should be able to get back in.

It's no biggie, but it is very useful.

sarahk, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  3. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    All sorted now, thanks sahraK - what a great bit of script mambo is, I have had hours of fun with it just playing around!!

Jim bob 9 pants, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  4. kniveswood

kniveswood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not only the menu options, clicking Back does the same thing as well. :)

kniveswood, Apr 3, 2006 IP