1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Managing A Growing Site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by brandondrury, Dec 11, 2005.

I'm not sure the best way to go about doing this. While I've given a number of CMS systems a try, I always found them limiting in one way or another. Usually visually. (maybe I need to focus on creating a simple site).

Anyway, here's my problem. As my sites grow and grow, I find that I hit a broader ranger of topics and I find managing members to be a great task. For example. I own a site that caters to recording studio engineers, rock bands, etc with a forum that is doing well and growing every day. I'd like to add a portion of the site that allows members to review music. I don't want just anyone posting reviews. I want them to be registered members. while I could go with a stand alone music review script, my forum members would have to also join the music review script. I don't like that.

What's worse is I will have 100 other features and ideas that I want to incorporate that I haven't even thought of and there will be intergration issues with all of these.

At the moment, I'm using ArticleLive for my articles, SMF for my forum, and I'm not sure about the music review thing.

Is there any way for a person a have a universal membership to the entire site even as I add more and more features and members?

Brandon Drury

If it helps, my site is recordingreview.com

brandondrury, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  2. earncef

earncef Guest

Best Answers:
    get a custom coded script

earncef, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  3. TLN

TLN Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to getafreelancer.com some great coders over their and the guys from India mostly work dirt cheap ;)

TLN, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  4. bentong

bentong Banned

Best Answers:
    bentong, Dec 15, 2005 IP