1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Market Research - Auto Content provider

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by xenyo, Apr 15, 2009.

I am currently brainstorming up a venture that will provide hand-written content for Blog or website owners for cheap.

The concept is that the owner may specify a theme keywords that they want for their blog/website. They can state how many articles they want and or how often and we will post hand written articles to their blog/site when available.

These articles will be handwritten but not necessarily unique. Some maybe unique but in all cases, all articles will be freshly written and distributed to not more than 10 sites.

Basically for lazy site owners they can have a auto updating blog or articles section for their site that will auto update with fresh content. I am thinking quite a hands off approach for the owners.

I am thinking charging USD3-4 per 500 word ish article.

The article quality will of course vary and not be too specific.

Anyways... was wondering if there would be any kind of interest in this kind of service... and whether the price is attractive.]

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

xenyo, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  2. kingronnie

kingronnie Peon

Best Answers:
    Price doesn't seem bad, but I worry about what you say regarding the lack of unique content and the quality. Sounds to me like I would have to partially re-write them myself. This would negate the idea of having an autoupdating blog.

Don't mean to be too negative though. These are just my first impressions.

kingronnie, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  3. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx for reply Ronnie,

I was being a bit harsh maybe..

Quality would be similar to what you would expect for a typical USD10 article from DP marketplace. Some good, some not so good.

The articles will be limited release ... and will appear on 1 to 10 (usually 2-3) other sites...

Basically, I am thinking this would be good for;

1. Commerce or shopping Sites that want a content section to attract SE traffic.
    2. Casual blogs or adsense blogs whose owners want help in having an automatically updating site.
    3. Unique article Directories to fill out some sections.
    4. Adsense sites.
    5. Self updating content section for affiliate sites.

Those are some ideas from top of my head.

xenyo, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  4. kingronnie

kingronnie Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that in principle it's a good idea, and I use content writing services myself (seven blogs and a static content requirement means I just don't have the time to be that creative!). I just wouldn't ever use it for autoupdating. I live in fear of duplicate content. All my articles are rewritten to be at least 33% different from what I'm sent.

If you can find someone who will take that risk, then go for it. Certainly seems like a bargain for that price anyway, even if there has to be some rewriting :)

5. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx again,

What if each article comes with an copyscape score ...

I can fully understand your view on duplicate content.... Which is one reason why the articles will be limited release. My initial thinking is that once an article is posted on the web, its no longer guaranteed to be truly unique. I am referring to practices such as scraper sites, quoters, copiers, even search engines or social platforms that takes chunks out of your content.

Ronnie, I would appreciate it if you could expand on the duplicate content concerns you have. Mainly due to search engines?

xenyo, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  6. kingronnie

kingronnie Peon

Best Answers:
    Totaly due to search engines!

As a casual surfer I don't care if I pick up duplicate content accross the web, so long as it's useful. As a blogger/site admin the last thing I want is to be banned from Google because I didn't take ten or fifteen minutes to rewrite an article. It's just not worth it.

If a site is blocking spiders from crawling their static content or blog pages, aiming only to post useful information for the greater good, then the autoupdating service would be ideal. However, let's face it, if you're spending money on regular articles you are involved in some sort of SEO, so that would be pointless.

I really don't want to sound negative about your project, but I'm trying to be constructive!