1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing in Social networking sites the legal way.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by SUB, Jun 23, 2007.

Hi all,

I know that most of the marketing in myspace is spam, but i was thinking of another apporach of marketing in myspace in a legal way, i'm not sure if it will be totally legal but i welcome the pros to show me whats legal from what isn't.

I was thinking of this concept for my website which is a Community forum and a Technology blog which will be marketed towards caribbean people. I was thinking what if i developed a group within myspace, hi5 or any other networking community, the group would be acting on behalf of the actual website. Doing this would mean i would have to work harder to update me website and update the myspace profile to keep the visitor link to the website's group within myspace..

Yes, it sounds complicated but i'm seriously thinking about it. I'm not up to scratch with the whole myspace Hi5 etc sites on how to edit your profile but if its easy enough may be i can just update the profile with a article or two a day and if the user is tempted by the appearance of the website, may be they will link to the site directly. Of course i would still place a link but with a nice and a first impression of the group's page, they might just visit my site.

Please note that i will be singling out ppl from my niche which is the caribbean to send a pm/bulletin to. I find that an ordinary user in these sites would rather view another users page than visit another site

I welcome all the critics because i would like to know how feasible this project would be before i start making the arrangements.

SUB, Jun 23, 2007 IP