1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing with Social Networks - Which Ones?!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Ascendancy, May 17, 2009.

I have seen social networking marketing been put to good use everywhere, and have even seen the good first-hand. However, I tend to get confused when people start talking about using every single social networking site to market your blog, site, forum...whatever.

So here's what I get: I have used social news sites like Digg, Reddit, Design Float, Design Bump, Webmaster Clip, etc to promote my website and have gotten plenty of visitors from them. However, how do people use sites like Facebook, Squidoo, Delicious... those seem a lot harder to market on? Maybe I am missing the point on some of these, but could somebody explain how to use social networking like Facebook and LinkedIn to market your site, or how to use social bookmarking like Delicious or Mister-Wong? I know you can bookmark them yourself, but you can't really force others to bookmark them too...

Oh and Twitter, I use that one a lot. I know very well how that works :)

Ascendancy, May 17, 2009 IP
  2. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing to do is for social bookmarking sites IE delicous is write a good article on why people would like your site they check it out and if they vote then your site gains rank within the bookmarking site and if you recieve enough votes you reach the top. To get votes use your blog then add digg it or other ways to get people to vote. When it comes to face book, twitter, and myspace set up an account for your website or blog and begin gaining followers, these sites are not good for hits, but to keep a list of leads. Think of them as an expansion on the old newletter instead of you sending a newsletter out you can now talk with people one on one or as a group and get feed back.

kbeus21, May 18, 2009 IP
  3. lanceps

lanceps Banned

Best Answers:
    you can try promoting your affliate link among the friends or contacts in social network site, and there is a social networking site cant remember the name pays you for making friends and and the comments u make and get etc. but u got to be active though

lanceps, May 18, 2009 IP
  4. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're already in good direction just make sure to produce quality content that can give you good boost up in social networking sphere.

bobchrist, May 18, 2009 IP
  5. printmatt

printmatt Guest

Best Answers:
    The most important part of facebook is your newsfeed, it acts like updates on twitter. The more interesting updates you make, the more people will come to check your profile and visit your site.

printmatt, May 18, 2009 IP
  6. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh I guess Facebook makes a bit more sense now. Thanks!

Ascendancy, May 19, 2009 IP
  7. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    I like StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, Reddit, Delicious, and Digg.

MayaLocke, May 24, 2009 IP
  8. Jessemn

Jessemn Peon

Best Answers:
    Strangely, sometimes the best option isn't to go after the biggest social sites. By going after a few of the smaller ones, and actually getting involved in the community, you can get great results. You will can gain real quality readers rather than just cheap traffic. I suggest you read this:
    http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/social-media/how-to-set-up-a-domino-effect-of-traffic/

As for which medium social networks I've had success with... soLinkable has been great. As a top participant I even get a sidebar link.

Jessemn, May 24, 2009 IP
  9. jonathanfigaro

jonathanfigaro Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of social website that you can tackle on, but i suggest picking a few and mastering those sites with marketing, building relationships and providing honest value to the people! I say honest because people can tell the real and the fake! So i suggest providing the best information you know!

jonathanfigaro, May 24, 2009 IP