1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mass blog creation scripts for wordpress

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by St-evo, Feb 10, 2010.

I know this will most likely get boo'd off the forum, but I have just finished writing a blog creation script (can create up to 1000 blogs with one click) to different locations or create a single user blog with a simple form. Its not really designed to hook into something like cpanel and it is still lacking in certain aspects (for example it currently will not look for existing blogs and kick up a error if theres one with the same name, it just wont overwrite it).

I originally wrote it for work, but have recently added it to a few sites which I have been asked to work with and the script has become popular but I havent actually sold it on at the moment due to updates being made. I did look at wordpress MU but, even though it did everything I wanted, it was too clunky and didnt have the flexibility that I needed :(.

I have currently tested it on: OpenSUSE, SLES, Fedora (can you see a pattern?) and some crazy distro

Current Features (very basic but effective):

- Mass blog creation and location on your site
    - Single user blog creation (very small forum)
    - E-mails blog owners when created with username and password along with manuals

Updates being made:

- Install script for the "software"
    - Admin section (General blog updates)
    - User creation (on mass blogs)
    - News section on the bashboard (very simple I know, but makes it look nice)
    - Log files

Draw backs:

- Currently runs off a shell script and PHP interface
    - Unknown if it works on all distro's

I know this may seem a bit simple and maybe pointless, but Im going to carry on updating the script but I need to know if there is any market out there or even interest for this sort of script.

Cheers

St-evo, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  2. Get Inspired

Get Inspired Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the internet is running low on spam...

Get Inspired, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  3. St-evo

St-evo Guest

Best Answers:
    And the point on that reply was...? All Im asking is if there is anything that would make the script more appealing or user friendly

St-evo, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  4. Get Inspired

Get Inspired Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, your goal is to make 1000 blogs. Now, either youre running a big time business or youre putting out duplicate content, ripping off other people's stuff, or things like this. So my comment may have been crass, but I didn't think this forum was for spamming-type web design.

Get Inspired, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  5. St-evo

St-evo Guest

Best Answers:
    The script is for unique blogging only. The script was developed by myself to host student blogs at the college I work for and for a poker site which I have been asked to help with.

The current script creates blank blogs (instantly ready to post on), it hasnt been made for spam.The script basically offers a more personal blog sphere for a site / sites with a large community which a webmaster / owner might want to give their users a blog each.

I would be happy if you asked questions before coming to the conculsion that it was developed for spamming as it was completely uncalled for and basically rude, I may be a new(ish) writer on this forum but I have been coming here for some time and I do know the rules, no scripts I have developed in the past have been made for spam purposes and have only been made to help people. Im sorry for being a bit arsey with you with your reply but obviously we both got the wrong end of the stick.

When I said it can make up to 1000 blogs, I ment that it has been developed so only that many can be made at any one time and to show that it is stable and that it is also a powerful little script.

At this moment in time on one poker site we run the single blog user creation which allows a user to create their blog (along with a league stats program), this is so the user can update their blog with current standings and any news about poker games past, present or future.

The multiple blog creation is for students at my workplace, this is because it would take to long to set them up one by one, so tweaking the script it allows for a "mass blank blog" create which allows them to log in and start blogging.

I do not promote or endorse spam or ripping off content, as I myself am a long term blogger and I have had people steal my content before and I am sick of spam blog farms.

St-evo, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  6. ronif

ronif Peon

Best Answers:
    I like wordpress more powerfull to blog :)

ronif, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  7. ronif

ronif Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it's possible to convert to other engine

ronif, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  8. St-evo

St-evo Guest

Best Answers:
    Thats what Im currently using in the blog creation :p I just didnt like that certain things were locked down on the wordpress site :( ... well... they were when I signed up a few years back (before I got my own domain)

St-evo, Feb 10, 2010 IP