1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mechanical Turk

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Rudebwoi, Oct 30, 2010.

Hi Guys,

I'm wanting to sign up to use Mechanical Turk to outsource a load of work but as a UK citizen, I am unable to as its only availabe to US citizens as you need a US billing address.

Ive done some research and some people are saying that you need only a US address and not a US credit card, and others are saying different things.

What Im asking for is, do any of you NON US Citizens use Mechanical Turk, how did you work around not being a US citizen and have you had any issues as a result.

Thanks guys, your assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Rudebwoi, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  2. puck82

puck82 Peon

Best Answers:
    If it's only a problem of address, there are many systems that gave you a fake one (paying obviously).
    They are address to get items shipping inside USA, and then have the package delivered to your country.
    So I think they will work for anything, including registrations.
    But you have to be sure they doesn't require a USA credit card.

Try to search "how to have usa address" on Big G.
    I hope that helps.

See you,
    Alessandro Zamboni

puck82, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  3. Rudebwoi

Rudebwoi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah Ive seen a fair few companys in the US who do this after doing research for the last few days. PRoblem is i dont wan to pay out anything untill im 100% sure on what can or cant be done with regards to Mechanical Turk. If I only need an address then its not a problem, but if its a card aswell its gonna make things a little more difficult.

And folks, if any of you guys have already got around this but dont want to shout about it in full view of the forums, please PM me by all means if your willing to share your information.

Thanks

Rudebwoi, Oct 30, 2010 IP