1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MediaWiki - One installation with sub-wikis

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MrHarper, Apr 21, 2009.

I'm hoping to create a large wiki related to a particular video games company and all their games. To make the whole thing more user-friendly I'd like to implement what I can only describe as a 'Sub-wiki' system. Basically, each article has a prefix, for example

General:Main_Page
    Game1:Main_Page
    Game2:Main_Page

These prefixes work as a kind of category. Each prefix has it's own main page and any other pages I choose to put in there, it's own logo, etc, whilst still having the same database and user system. As for the search bar, when on the page of an article with any prefix you have the option to 'search whole wiki' OR 'search this category'. From there I will install and integrate a forum, so that each category also has it's own sub-forum. But I can set that up myself, all I need help with is the Wiki.

So basically, can anybody point me in the direction of a modification or code that can do something similar? I have seen this kind of thing with forums and don't see why somebody will not have made one for mediawiki.

The only other option is to have multiple wiki installations and integrate their user databases, but I am unsure if it will be possible to integrate multiple wikis AND a forum at the same time without painful nights of coding and/or a high risk of screwing up the database.

Any help appreciated. :)

MrHarper, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  2. Theodore A. Queen

Theodore A. Queen Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if you figured this out yet.. but I think I can help you... If you still need help, just email me: akadirgun[at]gmail.com

Theodore A. Queen, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  3. MrHarper

MrHarper Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, it has been 115 days... Yes, it's sorted. Thanks for offering your help, though.

MrHarper, Aug 14, 2009 IP