1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Member Area Book Script?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by brandondrury, Dec 12, 2008.

Hello,

I've written an ebook. While I've considered going with PDF, I've decided that I want to include it in my website as a member area which I will most likely manage with Amember, but my options are open at this point.

I have a few very simple needs and just a few little extras.

#1) All I really require is the ability to add a page and allow for you usual book-style navigation. In many ways, this "page" will function as an article. It should be setup so that the articles flow in a specific chronological order. I really like how the documentation looks at http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page where they apparently use MediaWiki. Unfortunately, my initial experiences with MediaWiki have been horrible and I have a feeling I could write my own PHP script for this faster than using MediaWiki.

#2) I require SEO friendly URLs and code.

#3) While this will be a paid member area only book, I'd like to display a teaser / mini-sales page for non-members specific to each page to take advantage of the search engine rankings my site has built up. For example, Wordpress has its "the_excerpt" which I could basically say "Looking for answers on X, read all about it when you purchase" or whatever on the "X" page..

Off the top of my head, that's all I require. I really want to use Wordpress for this as I know it would be great for #2 and #3 right out of the box. It's just going to take some work to get #1 to function correctly. I know MediaWiki can deliver #1 (not sure about #2 or #3) but I really don't want to deal with it.

Any thoughts? I'm open to just about anything.

Brandon

brandondrury, Dec 12, 2008 IP