1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Members Only Area

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by krush, Nov 28, 2006.

Hi,

I'm looking to create a members only area, any ideas on the best way to create it.

After a member pays I would like to send them a username and password.

krush, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    if you have no idea how to go about this chances are you'll need to pay someone to make it for you via scriptlance or dp buy/sell/trade etc.

it'd involve the following:

1) people pay via paypal, cc, etc
    2) you use the paypal api to see that they paid, send them an email with the info they need, and make an account (or modify an account) in your local db with the right privs
    3) they'd have to login with their user/pass. you'd remember this with a cookie. from there you would create a session (more effective) and/or check the cookie against the db on every pageload.

if you want an easy, out of the box solution, try vbulletin-- it's built up to allow donations that upgrade accounts and the accounts would then be able to see a "members only" area

disgust, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  3. krush

krush Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've played around with something like that before.

I'm quite flexible as I do have the time to manually send out usernames and passwords but it would be nice to have the whole process automated.

At the moment I'm just using a password protected directory, and creating the accounts that way via cPanel. Thing is I'm getting a lot of orders now and everything is a bit unorganised.

Hmm!

krush, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    you could likely get this done for under 100$... if you value your time at all just invest. the money you'd save on aspirin alone should pay for it in a few months.

disgust, Nov 28, 2006 IP