1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

method to market a site in soc nw's

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by pmarc, Jan 26, 2010.

I have a unique site going up. Call it a streamlined version of Nextag with a better search mechanism, and narrow product focus. Let's take Twitter as example -- my assumptions:

1) There are only 2 threads you can partake in: one's you join and one's you start, right?

2) I assume starting one is a longer time out to productivity, right?

3) So you'd pick a conversation trying not to offend too many people by dropping your website inappropriately, right?

[I'll be honest. I don't care about someone else's lifestyle, really. I'm a marketer. I got stuff I have to sell and business founders that have to make money. Marketing is my passion, not socializing. We have many income streams and methods, not just social networking. Nevertheless, if it works I'll do it].

Is 1-3 above the general approach? Or am I missing something? And what do you all think about someone with such a mercenary outlook getting engaged in social networking? Am I the type?

pmarc, Jan 26, 2010 IP