1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft AntiSpyware

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by General Grant, Jan 8, 2005.

Finally, Microsoft did something right, it detected alot of crap on my computer that the other big Spyware softwares couldn't detect.

General Grant, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    If it was not for the flawed OS there would not be spyware on your box in the first place.

Tell us a little about this fantastic new program.

anthonycea, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  3. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, good antispyware program. Working great for me.

dazzlindonna, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Where do you get this Daz, and will it filter out Google and other so-called spyware programs down the road?

What does Microsoft really have up their sleeves on this one?

5. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, yeh, I don't believe M$ is doing this out of the kindness of their hearts ;)

Googles76, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I doubt that Microsoft's programs are any better than Spyware Blaster, Adaware and Spybot which you can get free downloads of at the following link.

http://searchwars.squarespace.com/free-software-downloads/

I just lost faith in Microsoft and their OS/IE, I will not buy another M$ OS down the road.

7. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    anthony i cant tell you what it will or will not do down the road. all i know is that it caught a lot of stuff that spyware blaster, adaware and spybot did not catch. it seems to be a really good program, and at least for now, is free. why not try it out and see for yourself. http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Whether or not you like MS, a good antispyware program is useful.

8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    OK Daz, thanks for the link, but does it work like a remover/scanner or an AV program that prevents spyware from loading in the first place (as does Spyware Blaster)? :confused:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I started the download of the M$ program, I want to know why they want folk to validate their OS, why should I activate Active X just to validate???

They give you the option to download with or without validation, why validate your OS, what is the advantage to this???

Can someone tell me what they want us to activate Active X for, what is the reason to do so???

Are there benefits to this or dangers in turning on Active X controls again?

I shut them off because of security related risks.

9. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    i dunno, i just downloaded it without validating. too much hassle. very quick without. it does have the function of preventing spyware from downloading in the first place. lots of goodies in it.

10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I seen the shield, so they have a all in one package, sort of like Spyware Blaster and Spybot built into one.

I downloaded it, it found some Hunt tool bar and claims it is a browser highjack program.

Seems like a real slow scan though, I really hope they do something right after all the damage that the Windows OS/IE has done to computer users.

It is a long time coming and they know that if they do not correct these problems that the Windows OS is doomed and maybe the internet itself.

11. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Good timing....last night I decided to get all the crap off my computer so ran 5 anti spyware programs, Spysweeper, Spybot, Spysubtract, Adaware and Hijackthis.......they all pick up different stuff and I do this about once a fortnight.

I knew I still had a couple of things on there but the Microsoft program picked up another 27 items which I wasn't aware of.

One thing that really bugs me is a search bar that comes up when I open Internet Explorer. The Microsoft program removed it but it is came straight back again...aaarrrggghh :mad: .
    I used to be able to close it but recently it got clever and now it just stays there, can't close it at all :confused: .

In a couple of days I will run the Microsoft program first then the others and see what it misses

Cyclops.

Cyclops, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Report back to this thread all of your findings please, good luck getting that damned thing off your box.

I have a solution, my next box will be a MAC or Linux OS.

I am done with this Windows/IE crap.

13. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    But how in the world will you play games? :confused: :D

Googles76, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  14. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no need to wait just take that box of your's and install Linux on it.

mushroom, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Mushroom, you are always welcome to leave links so folks can download Linux OS, I wish you would start doing it when you mention it in every thread so folks would have a direct link :)

Googles76 I am playing games, it is called Microsoft Data Death Wish and Hackers steal money from my bank account :p :p