1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft Expression Graphic Designer - Free trial

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by TheHoff, Jun 13, 2006.

It is a new combination vector/bitmap hybrid from our friends at Microsoft that is meant to compete with Photoshop and Illustrator. Get it as a free trial now--

[​IMG]

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/graphic_designer/default.mspx

I've been using Photoshop since 2.0 and I really doubt I'm going to switch but it looks like an interesting product so far. The menus are rough but I like some of the flexibility of the layers going between bitmap/vector and how it naturally keeps a clean version of the bitmap while applying changes on top of it.

Also, the smart select tool seems pretty slick but I'm not sure how well it will work for things that need a very high quality matte/alpha channel.

TheHoff, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  2. Zapita

Zapita Active Member

Best Answers:
    they had bought expression from "creature house" dunno.. a couple years ago? i loved you could use ink, water colors, etc and everything was in vectors, i hoped Macromedia added something like this in Flash, but they haven't so far, duh, still a nice product :)

Zapita, Jun 13, 2006 IP
  3. medicalhumor

medicalhumor Peon

Best Answers:
    Best attempt by microsoft yet. Will be tough to break people away from photoshop though. color picker needs hex values lik PS has. cant select a color and determine it's hex number

medicalhumor, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  4. Superorb

Superorb Peon

Best Answers:
    Superorb, Jul 28, 2006 IP