1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Missing emails hurting business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by TedMaster, Jan 7, 2014.

When a customer purchase with me an automated email is sent to them containing the information they need to reach the purchased product.
    Unfortunately I have been experiencing problems where customers do not receive these emails, this is happening more often than I like and really need a solution.
    I recently switched from PHP mail to Swift Mailer (SMTP mailer sending from the server included in my hosting).
    Both seems to have about a 80-90% success rate, which is too little.

Any suggestions on alternatives? I really need this problem solved.

P.S. the emails cannot be found in the customers spam box either, they do not reach them at all.

TedMaster, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  2. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does your server or your ISP use any kind of RBL list? You could try running one of the email addresses which didnt receive anything in to a RBL checker in case that sheds some light:

http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Also though, the fact that you are having problems with different mail solutions leads me to think this is not software related but possibly more network/dns related

dayvo, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  3. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Send your emails to a BCC to see if you get them as well when your program sends them. Should at least answer some questions.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  4. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about moving to a service like aweber or mailchimp to send the emails?

ChrisBa, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  5. TedMaster

TedMaster Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your answers! I'll see if I can pinpoint the source of the problem and contact my hosting provider if needed. Otherwise I'll check out aweber and mailchimp.

TedMaster, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  6. Stalyn

Stalyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you sell?

Stalyn, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  7. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. I never had that poor of luck with email servers. How many are you trying to end at once and are they active emails?

BoostSoftware, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  8. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Always test emails for deliverablity for this reason. First test to see if you receive the same email to your own email address (and any emails you have access to). If you notice that it hits spam folder start removing content and see what the culprit is, then just modify that section of the email and it should be delivered fine.

Also remove your signature if you have one attached as that can often be the issue for some mail servers.

Dittmoe, Jan 13, 2014 IP