1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mistakes That Will Kill Your Online Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kabous333, Feb 22, 2011.

Here They Are, Simple Mistakes To Avoid When You're First Starting Your Business Online
    It isn't difficult to start your own internet business these days, especially if you arm yourself with all of the right tools and techniques. Of course, if you really want to build a successful internet business, you need to make sure you don't make the mistakes that most hopeful internet entrepreneurs make when they try to launch businesses online. In the following article we shall be looking into three such mistakes that you should try to avoid at all costs.
    It's a mistake to use cheaper options initially to try and get off to a good start, instead invest some money at first.
    For example, if you're looking out to create a long term business on the Internet, you will need a professional website that impresses your target audience. No one wants to visit a site like that. Make a plan and get professional help for specialized tasks, it will pay off in the long run.
    One major mistake is failing to know your competitors. If you ask someone who is trying to start a business about competition and they claim not to have any, two things are possible, either they haven't done enough research into their target market or no market exists for that product. If the market has proved profitable it is highly unlikely that there is no competition for that person. Every niche, no matter how tiny, has competition. So go ahead and start looking into your competition. Find out what they are selling and see if you can't do better with what you are going to offer from your business. Try to find the gaps in what others are offering and then use your business to fill them.
    Finally, raise the bar but be sure your goals are reasonable and achievable. If you set up a goal of making a profit of $1 million dollars right in your first month, it won't work out.
    Test your target market; create small goals, rather than large goals.
    In conclusion, from the above article it becomes clear that in order to stand out from the competition, give your best shot and actually make your business launch successful on the Internet, it's important to stay away from the mistakes we talked about here. All of these simple mistakes will be easily avoided if you just plot your course of action and then follow it. Remember: persistence is what will really help you out, that is your real secret weapon. So go ahead and start your internet business and be ready to overcome the hurdles that come your way.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
    kabous333, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  2. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really great advice on starting an online business properly. I can't tell you how many times (because I've lost count) I came across websites that looked horrible plus they were a pain in arse to navigate and the thumbnails of the photos were so tiny you couldn't really actually see the quality of the whatever the product was the person was selling on their site. It pays to hire a professional developer who knows exactly what they're doing then paying for cheapness in order to be able to quickly launch a website. Which Google tools can I utilize to find micro niches which have not exploded in popularly yet?

muffet, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  3. nirolfnilatsan

nirolfnilatsan Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of wasting your time to write another boring " mistakes that will kill..." do yourself a favor and get a job, a real one. "To stand out from the competition" thing is another low self esteem IM syndrome. Let's don't assume if we took advices in the right way will lead to success.

nirolfnilatsan, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  4. CrowX-

CrowX- Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice thread kabous333.
    I already do all of the things mentioned above with my sites, and even though I'm far from gaining some of my competition, my sites are growing pretty fast.

CrowX-, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  5. Avesel

Avesel Peon

Best Answers:
    Some good advice there.
    I feel (without aggregated data but with plenty of empirical observations) that the greatest cause of business failure is procrastination. If you observe many former business owners whom are back in the workplace because their business failed, most (not all) are lazy and spend their entire day chatting at water-coolers or finding excuses not to work.
    Laziness is not the sole reason, but I find it little wonder that most business don't succeed if those are the owners.

Avesel, Feb 25, 2011 IP