1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Monetize Forum

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mmsmantoine, Mar 16, 2011.

Anybody care to share opinions? I have thought up a topic for a forum that is unbelievably under served. The potential number of users of such a forum is huge due to relevance and timeliness for such a forum. Short of posting on forums, I know nothing about them. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    mmsmantoine, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How much traffic is your community getting? I'm averaging $5 to $10/day just from adsense ads.

You can take a look at how I monetized my forum at Virtual pet list - there's an ad in the nav bar, and two in show thread.
    Here are a few articles on monetizing a forum:
    Revenue: Low costs, high profits from site merchandising!

You can also see about running kontera and adsense on your forums.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    ForgottenCreature, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  3. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is doing pretty good on the forums I owned. Personally, I always earned more by selling advertisements directly from buyers here at DigitalPoint and other webmaster forums, just a suggestion ;)

Aquarezz, Mar 16, 2011 IP
    mmsmantoine likes this.
  4. ForgottenCreature

Best Answers:
    That's sometimes the best way to earn money - especially if your traffic is good enough.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 16, 2011 IP
    mmsmantoine likes this.
  5. mmsmantoine

mmsmantoine Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate both of you taking time to answer me. For months I have wanted to set up some sort of revenue generating web endeavor. I know it's possible to make a profit. I just wasn't sure where to start. But of you have been helpful.

mmsmantoine, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  6. ForgottenCreature

Best Answers:
    You're very welcome. I remember when I first started off as a webmaster, it took me a while to start earning money.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  7. sunilseo

sunilseo Member

Best Answers:
    How can I use and configure adsense ads on my own site?
    does it needs to have page rank on site for adsense ads to appear?

thanks

sunilseo, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  8. jackburd

jackburd Active Member

Best Answers:
    google adsense will check if the age of your site is enough (6 months for not so rich countries like mine)
    to put ads on it and if your site contains quality articles. They will check if your website is deserving for the adsense.

jackburd, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  9. Belome

Belome Peon

Best Answers:
    I say you first try to find some CPA offers related to your forum. Then you can record your income with them and then try out adsense like others recommended. I say to try the CPA offers first is because chances are the CPA offers will be more profitable, but adsense will be more reliable long term (don't have to update ads, etc).

Belome, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  10. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I once owned a large community forum and based on my observation, adsense isn't really good for forum websites. You'll just get $0.01 always or most of the time Adsense will not credit clicks that you're getting from it.

If your forum is really popular and getting lots of traffic, then you better contact big companies on your area that is related to your forum and offer them banner space for their companies' service. Big companies who're operating off-line usually have a big budget for such advertisements compared to getting customers online who are mostly cheap.

Another idea is, open a paid membership area where these member will be able to access important forum sections and threads where they can get lots of knowledgeable information.

irule272, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  11. markgmktg

markgmktg Peon

Best Answers:
    Putting ads on it will earn you some income.
    If you've a got a lot of members though then mail them some related offer/product maybe once a month.
    For example if it's a weight loss forum you could mail them a weight loss CPA offer or if it's a gaming forum you could mail them an iPad/iPhone offer etc.

markgmktg, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  12. notepage

notepage Peon

Best Answers:
    You can add banner ads or even Google AdSense to forums.

notepage, Apr 9, 2011 IP