1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Monetizing my software website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Helge Sverre, Jul 30, 2013.

Hey there, I developed a piece of software a few months ago that is doing fairly well, gets a couple of hundred hits a day, has backlinks from LifeHacker, gHacks, TechRepublic and various other high authority domains.(mostly download portals and blogs) which gained me a PR4.

I am looking into adding a adfly link to the main download button.
    Although their CPM is pretty low... imo.

I also got a banner ad on the top(Qadabra, got banned from adsense).

Is there any other way to monetize this website, I DO NOT WANT to use a PPD site that uses surveys before it lets you download the file
    And i cannot use InstallCore, Somoto Installer or similar solutions.

The website is switchblade.helgesverre.com

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    Helge Sverre, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  2. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all; DO NOT GO FOR ADF.LY! Not only will it ruin the reputation of your software as some lowlife wanting pennies and wasting others' time, but it's also not even remotely worth it.

AdSense would be quite nice, as what I've seen nothing else doesn't come even close. I know this is just pouring salt in the wounds, but I'm pretty much in the same situation so...

There are some software installers (that most likely fill users' computers with toolbar crap) that apparently might be pay-per-install. I honestly have no clue about those, but I guess it's worth looking into?

SliceOfLife, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  3. DIA_8497

DIA_8497 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be more social, i saw u r thr on social networking sites, but spend some more time, share valuable, informative things, sell your software, go for Facebook promotions, sell on amazon if possible.
    Hope it helps.

DIA_8497, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  4. dedimonster.com

dedimonster.com Member

Best Answers:
    Get someone from tech blogs to write a quick review or get reviews written and submitted to directories, that should get you downloads and traffic.

dedimonster.com, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  5. spujap

spujap Active Member

Best Answers:
    BuynSellAds (has some min. requirements related to website traffic), text links (since it's PR4, but be careful)

Sell a new version packed with more features.

Run an email list/newsletter for tips related to software, computers and promote ClickBank affiliate products that are related to software & computers. Those who download your software for free should signup for free registration, updates, news, tips.

spujap, Jul 31, 2013 IP