1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most difficult part of working online

Discussion in 'General Business' started by KonRadicool, Apr 14, 2014.

1. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    :) @Sharmeen I think you hit the nail on the head for me in particular, I build websites, work hard for a few months and when I don't see the results I was after I begin to spend more time on things that distract me till I get to a point where I completely stop putting any effort into it. I have noticed that each project I did like that, I began making money 4-6 months after I built them, but by that stage I was so over the topic that I could not get myself into it again. Patience is a huge thing :)
    Regards
    Konrad.

KonRadicool, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  2. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    I think that learning is mandatory because if you didn't continue to upgrade your knowledge then you would become stale and find yourself falling behind a lot. Do you build websites for others?
    Regards
    Konrad

3. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but I don't think that people need to really change to much of their day to day lives to become successful online. I think if they better managed their time and focused on building something that they really enjoyed then success would come in time. It could be a side hobby until it began making money. An hour a day, or a week will get you there slowly but if you are persistent and continue then you will definitely get there. The thing that I recon makes people unsuccessful online is that they always focus on making money online and not on what they actually are good at doing and love. The internet is such an incredible medium that allows for anyone to become an expert in the things that they love the most and with time it also can make them money.
    Regards
    Konrad

4. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    So you would say planning, having goals and removing distractions would be the most important part to making money online?
    Regards
    Konrad

5. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Social life is a killer, friends are always there to distract us. Why not spend an hour a day working online and follow a plan that will outline what you should do. It will give you time to catch up with your friends and most importantly slowly but surely begin to build a business online. We all forget that to make things work we don't necessarily have to work 24/7 to get there. Just look at the fitness industry, to get a ripped body you don't work out all day every day but an hour here and there, and as you progress further and further you begin to see the results.
    Good luck
    Regards
    Konrad

6. prozeal

prozeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True, time allocation actually improves focus and leaves time for other things, well said.

prozeal, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My most traffic coming for Search engines and social media.

iwebsocial, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  8. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have been developing web sites for various clients for more than 10 years now. It's been my main income source, I'm now trying to get some 'residual' income from premium templates. But the core of my earnings are still web design services. Mainly Wordpress (since it's what most people use), but I've also done forum design (VB, XenForo, MyBB) and other custom platforms, depending on my clients needs.

SuperiorWD, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  9. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of this is probably unique to me, but here goes!

1. Time! I don't have my own computer right now, and I have to stay home to help support my mom (this recession/depression and conditions at her workplace had hit her very hard financially). This means that I'm using her computer, and she likes to use it when she gets home, and it's off-limits on the weekend. My time is so limited sometimes!

2. Lack of respect. I make a decent income from working online, but I feel like I have respect for it. Again going back to my mom, I hear a lot of, "I wish I could sit at home all day!" and, "I wish I could sleep in every morning!"

People also seem to think that I can just drop what I'm doing and go run errands for them and crap. No, I'm working. Just because I'm not in an office doesn't mean that I can just skip my job and do your stuff for you...

3. Distractions! I'm not the most accountable person in the world, and the Internet happens to have a place called Youtube, where all kinds of magical adventures happen!

4. The learning curve. I've come so far, but I still see a hill in front of me. It sucks sometimes, even for me, an eager learner.

5. The sense of insecurity. What if I stop making money? The worry is there, and it will probably always be there. Be ever diligent!

DungeonMaster, Apr 28, 2014 IP
    cronik likes this.
  10. shortgigs

shortgigs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sticking with one planning and executing just that. It's very easy to see so many "workable" and motivating threads where people make $XXX or $XXXX a day/week/month and attempt yourself. But the idea is to stick with one idea and not get distracted with doing too many projects at once.

Focus all your energy on one until it manages itself or you hire someone to manage it for you.

shortgigs, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  11. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    @DungeonMaster sounds like a pretty honest description of your difficulties of working online. What do you think the best solution would be for you? and do you have a plan drawn out which you could follow?
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  12. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    @shortgigs I have to say that I had the same problem for years where new products would come out and I would get super excited about them, jump from one thing to another and waste hours upon hours learning new techniques, plugins and courses and found myself so confused with how to make money online that even when I began focusing all my energy online I had no clue what I had to do to start making money.
    I would have to say the best thing I have ever done was Unsubscribe from all the product sites follow my values and build a website around something that I really enjoy doing.
    Best thing I could have ever done as now I'm more motivated then ever, focusing on one thing and its actually fun :)
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  13. Sharmeen

Sharmeen Member

Best Answers:
    Haha Hi5! Same goes with me man. I remember few months back I was working on only one project and giving all my time and efforts on that one. But it seemed to have no effect. I turned off my laptop and kept it in the cupboard. After 4 days, I needed to check my Facebook, so took out my laptop and turned it on. Boom! My boss called me right away telling me how well my project was doing. I was like I don't know what to say. My boss was asking me if I was sick, Coz I wasn't really talking much ( out of be-wilderness actually) lol.:D

Sharmeen, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  14. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:

I think that this is a really applicable principle. As we focus on our customers and their needs/desires we will see true success. Thanks for this stream and your messages.

Ence Litsep, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  15. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Member

Best Answers:
    I'm working on a plan. First step, get a new computer. Other than that, I have no idea!

DungeonMaster, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  16. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    what is your final goal? what would you like to achieve in the near future besides the computer? what do you value and want to work towards?
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  17. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    communication is the biggest trouble in the Online marketing industry as against retail selling.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  18. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    communication is the biggest trouble in the Online marketing industry as against retail selling.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  19. shortgigs

shortgigs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @KonRadicool cheers mate, congrats on minimalizing your work life. I need to cut some of those distractions but Udemy is just so damn hard to pass up. I'm sure you achieve financial free life you've always wanted ;)

Will be sure to follow your blog updates.

shortgigs, Apr 30, 2014 IP
    KonRadicool likes this.
  20. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, the biggest problem has been distractions and lack of respect, as you mentioned.

People don't seem to take you seriously since you work from home, even when you have the income to prove it. I seriously feel like I have to become a millionaire before people will take it seriously, and that's just ridiculous. I make way more money than most of my friends with regular jobs and I am building on my future, making sure my income will only increase over time.

It sucks when people expect you to be free all the time just because you work at home - I have worked many nights into the next morning just because people distracted me from my work all day.

cronik, Apr 30, 2014 IP