1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most lightweight cms/framework?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sanyi007, Dec 13, 2010.

Hi all!

The problem is the following: i have a site which is running on wordpress. My expression about wordpress is that it is really lightweight, but as soon as you try to extend functionality with plugins, it can be a really cpu expensive script, even with cache enabled. I'm looking for a light cms/php framework, which has the following options inbuilt:
    - login/user panel, avatar and pm system
    - maybe a forum
    - good API, secure system
    - highly extensible with custom code
    - very good caching system, or maybe static pages as output.

Of course these things can be achieved in wordpress, but i would like to get these inbuilt, like in drupal, but maybe a more light system.

I hope there are solutions for this! Waiting for ideas! If you think that wordpress is still the way to go, post your opinion and ideas.

sanyi007, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  2. jpratama

jpratama Member

Best Answers:
    How about textpattern ?

jpratama, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  3. sanyi007

sanyi007 Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i don't know much of that one, but as far as i know, mainly that is just a blog system too, so the user panel/pm system/avatar would be not that pretty to implement (and as far as blog systems, i don't have doubts that wordpress is the best among them). I thought of a cms like e 107, but a more "live" project, i mean e107-s development seems really stalled and is far behind new generation cms-s. Still, i like the concept (easy implemented forum, good cache, lightweight, good user system - that is what i'm looking for)

sanyi007, Dec 14, 2010 IP