1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Motivation to Stick With Internet Marketing

Discussion in 'General Business' started by najinsword, Aug 19, 2014.

I've been there, thinking why you try to do internet marketing everyday. Some of you if not most of you may have a day job that is not internet marketing. I see many people get discouraged I have made many friends through IM that talk to me about what is going on. Sometimes it is easy to feel unlucky or have the feeling of "what am I doing wrong". So I thought I would make a post here to kind of help other people out with this situation. I have been gone from the forums for awhile, and most of the time I am just a lurker but I try my best to throw information where I feel is needed.

DISCLAIMER: No I promise I am not trying to just post a spam thread for any means necessary. I have some friends I have made on these forums and other ones as well and I thought it would be a good idea to get some thoughts out here on DP.

1) Try....If you are feeling like you want to give up do not. I have many times, more times than I can count feel like I am not really accomplishing anything. You learn, you try a method out that you read on here or any other IM forum and it doesn't work out for you. Ya how many threads do you see that say "OMG I MADE 20,000 IN A MONTH AND THIS IS HOW I DID IT". A good amount of those threads are people being dishonest trying to get their rep up or post count because for some reason they think that matters in the great scheme of things. Honestly this is the one thing that makes me more frustrated on IM forums (thankfully we don't see many like that on here). If you are feeling discouraged the best thing I can recommend you do is try to do at least ONE task a day. Whether that is; writing one article, sending one email, or even typing one line of code. That is PROGRESS maybe slow progress but progress all the best.

2) People.....I know people on this forum and on many other forums like I mentioned earlier. Signup with other forums get as much information as you can ASK QUESTIONS, for the longest time I was always afraid to ask questions on forums. I would lurk not even make a account. Then one day I saw a thread and I said to myself "hey I can help that guy" so I started getting more involved in the community. Some people are going to be rude to you that is because unfortunately we live in a cruel world full of cruel people. Then you meet the people like me that have been in your position and will answer PMs and try to help you out.

3) Learn....Never stop learning. I have tried to learn everything I possibly can and I do not stop. I write content for clients, I make websites, white hat SEO, marketing. Not only does that help my clients that I can be very versatile and I can hire other people and try to train them to be versatile but it also helps me succeed in my personal ventures. I'm sure someone will say "well I can't design a web page" "I don't know how to market products". LEARN read forums read articles. I cannot stress enough how important articles can be for keeping up to date on the latest market trends. If you do not know how to code, learn to there are plenty of websites that you can pay to take courses and others where you can learn basic HTML/CSS/PHP for free. The trick is you have to WANT to learn. I'm not telling you that you need to learn to code and be an amazing marketer. I'm telling you the more things that you want to learn the further you can go with yourself. If you do not think you can code very well and just think that is not for you GREAT not everything is for everyone. I just encourage everyone to learn, because is that not why we are on these forums to begin with?

I hope those of you who are struggling that this helps get you motivated. If you guys want to talk some more feel free to reply to the thread or even PM me if you want to talk on a more personal level. I'm a good guy I promise I do not bite.

Thanks

najinsword, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  2. VisualMarketing

VisualMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post - and you may not be immediately aware of when you started to succeed, but here it is (quote by the great Zig Ziglar)

"You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want."

By learning yourself, & by using that education to help others, you've made a difference.
    Well done & keep up the good work.

VisualMarketing, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  3. talktotop

talktotop Member

Best Answers:
    That's very encouraging.

It is important that as one learns, it is better to stick to a particular system that is proven to work and stick with that system until one becomes successful. The mistake a lot of people make is running after every shiny object. They turn out to be jack of all trade and master of none. Nothing to show for their time.

Consistency, patience, commitment, dedication, determination and discipline are key ingredients to being successful.

Thanks for this great information

talktotop, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Set goals - Set 3 goals. First goal should be something easy to attain. Second goal should be a bridge between your First goal and your third goal which would be your ideal achievement.

Have a plan - Always layout what you need to do on the daily or weekly basis.

Less is More - Don't burn yourself out. Do Less to accomplish more in the long run.

Be Consistent - Commit to a long term plan and complete the tasks you set for yourself.

Be Patient - No one wakes up the next day to a million dollars in their pocket. You may only make $1 a month at first. So...

Do it because you love it not because you think it will make you rich.

NetStar, Aug 24, 2014 IP