1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Move site to new domain or into an exisiting site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MixedBag, Oct 25, 2011.

Ok so I *need* to move one of my sites to a new domain/website and I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is.

I have several sites related to technology and several sites and more tech specific. site1 is one of those more tech specific sites and site2 is general tech. Like I said, i need to move site1. Do I a) move site1 to a subdomain (12.site2.com), b) move it to a folder on site2 (site2.com/12), c) merge the databases and posts - the content from site1 is not unrelated to site2 and would mean less sites to work on/concentrate on or d) find a new domain and just move site1 to it.

All options will have a 301 redirect in place. I just don't know which is the best route to go down in terms of traffic, revenue etc. Site2 is established already, has some traffic and pagerank and has made some income but, to be honest I havent work all that much on it where as site1, ive worked tons on.

MixedBag, Oct 25, 2011 IP