1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

moving a CMS system to a new host admin password issues

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Shelley123, Nov 20, 2008.

Hi

I'm attempting to move a website that includes a CMS system (first time I've ever tried to do it) but run into problems when I try to access the CMS, receiving a 500 internal error.

My host gave me this information as to why it is happening.

It's trying to reference a file in another user's account, one that doesn't exist on the server.
    [Thu Nov 20 20:54:59 2008] [error] [client 216.110.94.227] (2)No such file or directory: Could not open password file: /home/au/com/keypoint/c/chin-web/.htpasswd, referer: http://74.53.103.34/~chincomm/admin/

If anyone can help me work out what to do with this info to get things working I would be very grateful.

thanks

Shelley123, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  2. DavidWei

DavidWei Peon

Best Answers:
    don't know what CMS you are using, but I think their maybe a folder protecting script in your admin folder, i think you need to remove that file or edit the configure files to make the path right

DavidWei, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  3. Shelley123

Shelley123 Guest

Best Answers:
    yes, thanks for that, any ideas how I find out what CMS it is?

Shelley123, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  4. adultuserbars

adultuserbars Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is that the .htpasswd file referenced in the .htaccess file cannot be found.

You will need the change the link in the .htaccess file to the location where the .htpasswd file can be found.

/home/au/com/keypoint/c/chin-web/.htpasswd is the location it was set to on the old server, this path will need to be changed to reflect the location on the new server.

adultuserbars, Nov 25, 2008 IP