1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My B-Day +Anatomy of a free brand/network launch using Social Networking 5/15

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by eslsociety, May 13, 2007.

I've written a few entries on my blog detailing my experiment with social networking traffic.

Basically I had to create a single site for a business I'm going to start once I move from Korea to China in a month or so, and so I decided to also put up some other related stuff.

I haven't spent any money on anything other than the domains and hosting. I've also not used any of the tools I have purchased, or anything that I have developed or have had privately developed (I will if this doesn't work well, though!). I've not done any cloaking to generate traffic off of long tail keywords on or off domain.

I'm very simply going to use myspace and the social bookmarking sites like digg, stumbledupon, etc. on this little mini-net, and see what happens.

My benchmarking standards will basically be in bound links, hits, registered users, and adsense/affiliate income (although none of the sites are highly monetized yet because I don't want to scare anyone away).

I'm basically using 3 different cms's, and that will be interesting once more search engine traffic starts coming in, as well.

The three that I've chosen are:
    - Wordpress, more or less out of the box with a social bookmarking plugin and good themes.
    - Joomla out of the box, with community builder and SEO'd link structure
    - Community server straight out of the box.

I used very simple free services to generate the logos and all of that, as well.

I'll continue writing about this for the next week or two, and if you have any questions just drop me a comment.

I'm not doing anything cutting edge, grey hat, or anythign like that. That'll come later if the experiment fails over the course of half a month or so. This is just a very vanilla test of web social services (are they REALLY my friends?) haha.

If anyone wants to digg/stumble, etc. anything that's fine too, because I'm going to be asking people on different forums so that won't affect anything.

Everything isn't as ready as I would like it to be, but 5/15 is my birthday, and I figure that's a good time to do the launch.

On my blog I'll include the bulletins that I send out on myspace, and any other steps I take in the next week or two.

eslsociety, May 13, 2007 IP