1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Business - Some tips

Discussion in 'General Business' started by c20let_van, May 7, 2012.

Hi All,

I've posted a little bit on here and will be starting my project forum very soon but have been talking to my dad and he had a little business that made him a nice side income, so as I can get all his previous clients it will be pretty easy to get started again and contact them. I have the product which I have a specific type of shop I will sell to as this is where the product sells best, also the area of the shop is key.

My profit margains are about 114% on sale of each product, but this does not include any expenses I will pay out.

One this is why I have decided to do this is because my dad didnt have access to the internet and travelled to all the places to sell the books/find new customers etc. So it was very time consuming for little money compared to the time that was put in. All clients were in around a 50 mile radius so didnt cover much area.

I feel I could definitely make this work as now I have -
    1). use of the internet - market product/sell product
    2). because of the internet I can market the whole UK
    3). because of internet I dont need to travel to find customers/post goods etc.
    4). work can be done solely from home.

What I will be doing is contacting old customers, finding new customers expanding further across the UK, selling on ebay, and also would like some advice on marketing the product on a website/forum. I feel it would be nice to market the product on a website and add a small forum for people interested in the niche.

What do you guys think, any advice welcome?

c20let_van, May 7, 2012 IP
  2. heredia21

heredia21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing and advertising somewhere else is nice. But building a strong backlink is key.

heredia21, May 7, 2012 IP
  3. c20let_van

c20let_van Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone else?

c20let_van, May 8, 2012 IP
  4. dalebu

dalebu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Off course, if you plan to work online, site is a must, forum is a good idea too. If you need any help running
    and promoting the site and forum you can find plenty of information here on DP.

If I understood correctly you would sell books, and actually a forum can be a magnet for passionate readers and thus
    potential customers, so you could keep them close and informed.

At this point , everything is in a developing phase, so I think we can't help you more than saying that it is a good idea,
    so start doing something about it and when you encounter some problems come here and post.

Cheers

dalebu, May 8, 2012 IP
  5. uoftenwinny

uoftenwinny Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO to promote your business will help so.
    Use Google Ads, or facebook to get more traffice.

uoftenwinny, May 9, 2012 IP
  6. grpssoftware

grpssoftware Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is the best way to promote your business and [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Keep in mind that networking is about being genuine and authentic, building trust and relationships, and seeing how you can help other Forum Most Importance For This Here one Noondalton dot com Also a Business Services Supported Website.[/FONT]

grpssoftware, May 9, 2012 IP