1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My domain is hacked. want file a report in police

Discussion in 'General Business' started by King21, Oct 19, 2014.

Hello All,
    My friend hacked my one domain name. He got my gmail account detail. and using that he reset password of my bigrock account and he sucesfully transfer my 1 domain from bigrock to namecheap.com.

When i contact bigrock they told to contact namecheap and they cant do anything :(

Now what should i do to get my domain back?

Can i file a report in cyber crime? Will they help me to get my domain back? I want they arrested my friend who hacked my domain. I can invest upto 3 lac INR ($6000) in investigation

Please suggest me.

Every reply will highly appreciate

Thanks in advance

King21, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  2. Ace Infoway

Ace Infoway Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are confident regarding who has hacked your account, you can definitely approach Cyber Crime Cell to investigate this. I suggest one thing that if you really want to investigate the case, don't break in between investigation in any situation you face.

Ace Infoway, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  3. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    INR? You are from India? I am not sure the legal procedure there, but country such as India must have a cyber crime division. You can go to them for investigation though they will need proof that the site originally belonged to you and it was hacked.

Preston Pierce, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  4. djnoslee

djnoslee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Tsk2, too bad, next time, be careful with your user access and your friends, hmmm, I'm not that good on legal procedures so I think you can try the help / suggestion by preston pierce.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    djnoslee, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  5. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    it is Pierce, not Prince. :(

6. djnoslee

djnoslee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hahahaha, my bad, at first look it was prince, consider it as my Typographical Error..hahaha, anyway, you don't want to be called prince I guess :D

djnoslee, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  7. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    lol right.

8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    dont be quick to judge, he did say hack. Others have had email accounts hacked after people (or friends) on facebook asked them / found answers to specific questions which were able to be used to reset their password accounts. Security questions like "mothers maiden name" is almost common knowledge.

@op. Move all your remaining domains to namecheap. They have 2 factor authentication, which sends sms to your phone before anyone can login.

matt_62, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  9. Database1

Database1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello King21, Log into your gmail account, find the log activitiy with their ip address. trace the ip address used while transferring the domain , this is the only way you can show that the gmail was used by your friend.

Database1, Oct 20, 2014 IP