1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My experience with Web Frameworks and Comparison of PHP frameworks

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by poseidon, Aug 11, 2007.

I had started working on Django (Python) since June and that was my first tryst with any kind of web framework. I had read alot about RoR and how it is changing paradigm of web development and I really wanted to test atleast one framework.

So after working with Django, my conclusion is this - They are powerful but building websites on them is not as rosy as people say and more importantly, using a framework for a simple website design is not a very smart thing to do even if you are comfortable in it. Using a web framework is like building a CMS first and than building a site on it. There are people who have build 10 page site on RubyonRails and feels they have done something really great! Well they could had done the same thing in just 20 minutes with frontpage.

Anyway the point of the post is, I will still recommend using CMS over web frameworks unless you are looking for very scalable solution and aiming very big which 99% of webmasters don't do it. Put Value on your time and use it carefully instead of wasting time on building ordinary site using some framework, instead use wordpress/drupal and build a useful site :)

I have also put a study of PHP webframeworks on my blog which you may like to see to get better insight into them. I havent' used them that well mind you, there are just too many nowdays...Everyday a new PHP framework comes :)

poseidon, Aug 11, 2007 IP