1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Fired web developer won't give me server/host passwords

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AutoBrokerPlus, Feb 10, 2010.

After 6 years and 6 3/4 sites my once excellent web developer turned undependable, slow and hard to contact recently. I had to fire him to hire someone to finish my new site. I always paid fast and often sent more $$ than he asked for because he always took care of me until recently. No explanation on all his problems, I asked him and even said I would try to work with him if he just was honest and told me what is wrong with his company. He refused to address any questions regarding all the recent issues/problems/deadlines missed/emails not returned, etc. He did say sorry several times, and admitted his work was bad, but wouldnt answer any questions, or improve his work.

When I sold 5 sites to a Canadian investor (2008) I hooked my developer up with the new owner so he didnt lose 1 payment on those sites. He picked up the investors other sites also!

I treat my friends/vendors good.

Now he will not give me the server/host info I need to complete site. His work is fully paid, no dispute on money whatsoever. He is just upset that I fired him after 6 years of work it appears. He is in India, I reside USA.

Can one of you web pros hack into my stuff and put me back in charge of my property? Does anyone have any ideas to help me finish this site? I will pay someone to help me get my property back if needed.

I know several ways to harm his business legally but I'd rather just get my stuff and move forward.

Maybe contact my host IX Webhosting? I have been a good customer there for 7 years. I'm almost web illiterate so please give easy answers and type slow, lol. I farm out all work on my projects.

Ideas? Help! Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    AutoBrokerPlus, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  2. St-evo

St-evo Guest

Best Answers:
    If the payments are all in your name and you hold ownership of the domain the host will give you the details, if he registered it in his name and his company then you may have a problem

St-evo, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  3. AutoBrokerPlus

AutoBrokerPlus Active Member

Best Answers:
    cool. Thats what I was hoping. All host/domain stuff is in my name for 6-7 years. Payment from my credit card always. I just posted a support ticket.

Thank you!

AutoBrokerPlus, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  4. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. If you pay, the accounts are yours.

SmallPotatoes, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  5. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Put in a support ticket and get them to reset the passwords, easy.

manofwar, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  6. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad your problem seems like it will resolve itself. Things could have been worse though. My first web designer/developers were idle and, in retrospect, I found that they ripped me off big time. Recently the worst of them asked me for a reference.

1associate, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  7. Josh D.

Josh D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Contact the servers datacenter and they can help.

Josh D., Feb 11, 2010 IP