1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My gallery

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by dukydaf, Jun 12, 2008.

I am a reasonably new to managing a site and know xhtml ,css and a very little bit of php.

What I would like is that when you click a thumb to open a page with that image.(Well integrated into my layout :p)

I have done that creating a different page for each image, each page having an iframe opening at that specific image. You can imagine that it's time, space wasting and not exactly hight tech. It's kind of hard to explain:rolleyes: so here is the example:

http://golgota.freehoxt.com/media/vaslui/vaslui.php

Could you help with some php (or other) code ?:confused:
    Also do you have another idea to integrate the images into the layout and be able to navigate between them without iframe?:confused:

dukydaf, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  2. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You could use something like the JW image rotator which is nice and easy but not very search engine friendly. here is a sample on a plastering photos page I put together.. I set the transitions to random, and it seems to have a few nice transitions there..
    I would also look at lightbox2 because it looks to be more search engine friendly than the one I use, but I don't know for sure.
    Photoshop cs has a automatic web gallery creator in it, most of them use frames but there are a few in there that use tables and would be better for SEO purposes.

hope that helps

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  3. div

div Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    div, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  4. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    Ajax is probably a better way to go - if you can get it working... I haven't had much luck with Ajax yet but I'm not a very good coder...

I use phpThumb to generate my thumbnails on my site (see sig):

http://phpthumb.sourceforge.net/

pondlife, Jun 13, 2008 IP