1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Graphite Drawing and its Modified Version in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by scu8a, Dec 19, 2019.

I created this drawing in 1995. It took 3 months to complete. Last night I took some time to experiment with it a bit in Photoshop. I like both versions - kind of an apples and oranges thing.

https://chromosphere.com/chromosphere_bw.jpg

...and the digitally modified version 2019:

https://chromosphere.com/chromosphere.jpg

It turned out to be rather interesting...

scu8a, Dec 19, 2019 IP
  2. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is a screenshot of the thumbnail images. I'm tweaking the colors, and I think I have it all balanced out. I think I like the following image the best. It's a world of difference between the original graphite pencil drawing and the digitally modified version. The best seems to be a combination of the two

chromosphere_smaller_72dpi.jpg screenshot_chromosphere_variants_nano.jpg

scu8a, Dec 19, 2019 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    May I ask you what it is? I am not learned.

The one you're showing is great. I am a sucker for gray colors so the bottom 1, 3, 4 look good to me too.

qwikad.com, Dec 19, 2019 IP
  4. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interesting, I like the gray as it resembles the drawing itself, but the one with just a touch of color is my favorite. Thanks for sharing with me @qwikad.com

Oh, and it's a drawing of 3 christmas tree ornaments (the silver/chrome balls) set on striped fabric drawn in pencil. It took 3 months to create. Congress (Jim Kolbe) awarded me an Excellence in Fine Arts award, or something along those lines. I was amazed.

scu8a, Dec 19, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.