1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Mole Girl is too big!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by loress, Feb 19, 2006.

I have a divination tool that enables users to mouse over an image find a mole and then read a definition of what that mole means :eek: ... JavaScript it up... sounds easy enough! http://www.newagestore.com/research/moles/default.asp

So the code works - no problems but the page is HUGE... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I've been working on this so long now it's all I can see when I close my eyes! I've tried physically making the image smaller, however then the mouse pointer (even tried with crosshair) blocks the moles and it really doesn't look very good.

If you think it would load quicker in flash - could you let me know how much you'd charge to do it?.. I've tried but alas I lack the skill, dedication and processing power! Many thanks :)

loress, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  2. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is looking good....decreasing the size of mole girl will clutter the moles. I feel the size of girl's front and rear views are reasonable to show the moles distinctively. The images quality can be improved further by vectorising them.

You can display the discription of the mole (when mouse hovers on mole) on right side blank white space either in flash or in html Iframes. What is your budget for each mole discription?
    Any how I liked your theme of the site. Looking great!

ramakrishna p, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  3. loress

loress Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ramakrishna... i might try making the actual image a bit smaller in photoshop - admittedly i just increased the size of the original mole girl by 150% so I might pick up some file size there...

Otherwise I've had a couple of pm's about doing it in Flash, will try your further vectorising suggestion first. Thanks for the looking good comment, it's really starting to come together now :)

loress, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  4. mariush

mariush Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you considered using an image map and an onmouseover event that would call a javascript function with the two coordinates in the image ?

Or, maybe define an area using div and set the whole image as background, this way it would load faster. I'm not really very good at this but I think some ideas won't hurt anyone.

Flash would help a lot in your case though.

mariush, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  5. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great site man, just make the girl alittle smaller in photoshop.

redz, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  6. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Decreasing size of girl may cause the mole areas at diifferent places on her body very very nearer. The result will be clutter. For me the size of girl is okey. Only thing the edges of image pixelated. This can overcome by vectorizing or designing another image. The mole areas are vital part of the mole girl. Let be the image size as is.

ramakrishna p, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  7. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Flash would definitely be the way to go. I'm just getting started myself, but I'm confident that a flash version would be tremendously smaller in total file size.

Nice site btw.

mopacfan, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  8. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    hey the way it was loading, I thought it's naked chic :D though it wasn't :mad: and also when we point towards her body parts, it shows description but when I point toward her panty, nothing showed up..only number 89 :( please fill the entry..:D

And I think Flash is the solution for u as said by others.

poseidon, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  9. loress

loress Peon

Best Answers:
    My mole girl is all fixed (really should change that name!) Big thanks to Citizen - he's done some super flash work for me - highly recommend him, if anyone is looking for a flash man! thanks for all the advice on this one - really great end result.

loress, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  10. mavahntooth

mavahntooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont like moles but i have many. :) great info!

mavahntooth, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  11. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    where is the image?

FireStorM, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  12. broke-r

broke-r Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like moles but I did like your idea.

broke-r, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  13. loress

loress Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey FireStorM... the image? do you mean that the flash app is not loading for you? and thanks mavahntooth and broke-r. Citizen is a really helpful (and mighty talented) person to deal with.

loress, Mar 21, 2006 IP