1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Ms Paint and Photoshop Work - How is it....

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by fulllydisturbed, Mar 7, 2009.

Guys, just checkout my work. I drawn a rough sketch using Ms Paint and Colouring and rendering using photoshop. I didnt used any images from outside except for the Ubisoft logo.How is it....

(xhttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xO_qResndvQ/SbJ6LE4-SvI/AAAAAAAAADY/-rvdvbiLow0/s1600-h/Assasins+Creed.jpg)

Assassins Creed

(xhttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xO_qResndvQ/SbJ6KnRhxVI/AAAAAAAAADQ/kWSBYzPSvMQ/s1600-h/Princeofpersia.jpg)

Prince Of Persia

( remove x from http - copy & Paste the link in address bar)

fulllydisturbed, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  2. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent dude, how much did it take to complete this excellent work..

powerboss, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. fulllydisturbed

fulllydisturbed Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank u buddy... it took me 2 months for each of them... becos i took a lot of time to render them and i was not ineterested to sit in front of the computer for more than 2 hrs working with these kind of stuffs .. but if you are an expert and if you could sit for more than 2 hrs you will be able to complete it within 2 weeks...sure.... it was very difficult for me... but i liked these characters a lot which forced me to do this.... thanx

4. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They're great but 2 month is a long time.

qazu, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  5. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well good work but I'm still wondering why you had to use paint. Paint is the worst thing you can use for things like this

Sensei.Design, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  6. fulllydisturbed

fulllydisturbed Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya ... i know... but i dont know any other drawing software... so i thought of making a simple sketch for reference... rest it is fully photoshop...

7. fulllydisturbed

fulllydisturbed Peon

Best Answers:
    it took long time because i was rendering each and every curves manually.... using only photosshop primitive tools like Burn,Dodge,smudge etc....

8. thefluffball

thefluffball Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get a nice smooth curve using the photoshop path tools.

thefluffball, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  9. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    they're a great start - if you'rea REALLY into stuff like this and REALLY want to get better at it I recommend conceptart.org forums to you - they're filled with digital painters who will share tips and techniques with you.

Best part is, Rafael Lacoste, the guy who did the original paintings for Prince of Persia and Assassins Creed also hangs around online forums. I don't know if I've bumped int him on conceptart.org before, but I know he's El_Rafo on cgtalk.com forums (just a showcase for digital art)

Now, I don't do digital painting, I do digital inkwork, but what I'd recommend to you is this

Software:
    Photoshop is fine, it's got nice brushes and great support for wacom tablets
    Corel Painter is the best you can get, it's equal to having a fully equipped painters studio

Hardware:
    Wacom tablet if you're serious about this. Buy only from the Wacom brand, ut all you *need* is a tablet and a pen with pressure sensitivity. I have both the small and medium sizes and I use both for different things. Pick up a used on off ebay, or if you've got some extra cash go ahead and buy a new one at the store (usually around 90$) and see how it helps your work. This is of course, if you don't already have it.

A free program similar to Photoshop is the GIMP, and I would say it likely has less support than Photoshop for the wacom tablets, but it's always 100% free so you can stay current with it too - I have both and use both so there's no harm in getting it just in case when it costs you nothing right?

Great start, you've got a lot of stuff covered, and you've got a long road ahead of you - but it's definitely something that if you enjoy doing it there are jobs to be found, especially in video game and movie industry here they need skilled, fast concept artists to shape the way a Title will look.

Good luck to you, you've got some natural talent at this!

innovati, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  10. parsons130

parsons130 Member

Best Answers:
    those are really good... WAY better than anything I could do!

parsons130, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  11. FreedomOverdose

FreedomOverdose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    masterpieces!!! both of them! ;) good luck!

FreedomOverdose, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  12. fulllydisturbed

fulllydisturbed Peon

Best Answers:
    @innovati - thanx buddy for those valuable tips. I will definitly try these things.

@parsons130 , @Freedom Overdose - Hey thanx guys...