1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My neighborhood is going down

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nevetS, Jan 22, 2005.

Boy... I live in a golf course community. Not on the course or anything like that, but it's not very far away - the houses are expensive by any standard except for southern california, and I'm far from the beach.

Three weeks ago, a guy 12 houses away off and shoots his wife in the head. (Nobody knows why, but the speculation is that he wasn't getting the christmas lights down fast enough).

Right now, I've got a police chopper circling literally 100 feet above my house. I can actually see the guys inside and it's night here. He's been out there for 20 minutes and when I walked out front I got greeted by a nice million candle power spotlight. I'm going to be seeing spots for days!

I've lived in Minnesota, Nevada, Sweden, and Arizona... (among like 20 other places) I finally live somewhere where the weather is good and this is what I get!

nevetS, Jan 22, 2005 IP
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    At least you don't have a mudslide; or a flood; or a tsunami....

flawebworks, Jan 22, 2005 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Paint your website address on your roof and get some national coverage I'd say. Nothing better than free advertisement :) .

T0PS3O, Jan 23, 2005 IP
  4. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. hehe. Do something suspcious after you set it up, like light some firecrackers and hide. All the cameras will swing around....

Right....right....

...right...

david_sakh, Jan 23, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Tops has a great idea, roll out a banner with your URL and take advantage of the shootout, if the police won't let you do that, see if you can roll one across your front picture window from the inside of the house. It would be just like those at a baseball game :p :) :D

anthonycea, Jan 23, 2005 IP