1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My opinions on the evil Go Daddy...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AngelaR, Feb 12, 2007.

1. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The time really isn't the issue. The biggest time problem is their checkout, but you can use the quick checkout option to solve that easily. The problem is the lack of control and lack of features. If you're just running one basic site, you might be ok. But if you're running something more complex, or a larger network of sites, Godaddy is definitely not the way to go.

jhmattern, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  2. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    I must agree from the point-of-view of their checkout process - it is time-consuming, messy and annoying, but you don't need to use it too often do you??...and I'm not too keen on the way they sell hosting & their 'free' hosting is rubbish (the godaddy header makes it unusable)...

I do however like their pricing ($1.99 .info domains 1and1.co.uk is £8.99) and the sense of certainty you get from a big host.

bochgoch, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  3. jmacleod

jmacleod Peon

Best Answers:
    As someone else mentioned...GoDaddy is a great domain registrar...but I would never host with them.

I love that I can register a domain with them and have the web site showing up within minutes. The only problem I have ever had with them is when I screwed up my password and had to call them to reset it...kind of pain the a$$, but other then that, I love them...(for registering domains)...

jmacleod, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  4. onlymotorola

onlymotorola Banned

Best Answers:
    Godaddy rocks! plus there open 24 hours a day!!

onlymotorola, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  5. Techxpot

Techxpot Peon

Best Answers:
    Techxpot, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  6. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Threads that have been inactive for 4 years should be left alone, don't you think, Techxpot?

Clive, Jul 27, 2011 IP