1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My plans for a future nonprofit website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ncz_nate, May 2, 2012.

I want you to evaluate it.

The rough sketch of the plan is to have a health website devoted to a certain niche of disease sufferers. I am a fellow sufferer of that disease and have accrued a vast amount of information related to treating it; all of it supported by science. The site will be strictly free content, with no paid subscriptions, products, or advertisements. I will however have a donation feature that I feel will be exercised when users feel gracious for the free content I provide. The aim isn't donations however, but I may need anything extra to help run and advertise it.

My dilemma is whether to learn all of the functions that go into web development, or outsource it. I recently took an interest into programming and have started to learn it, so I think I'll at least build the site myself when it starts. Advertising is a different issue; I don't think I'd have time to learn SEO, but at the same time SEO services seem too pricey for my budget.

If my site is valued by users and they feel it is trusted, would social media advertising be the best way to go with a low budget?

If I only have $200 a month for advertising for the first few years would this even be worth it?

ncz_nate, May 2, 2012 IP