1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Porfolio Designs

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by gmaxxx, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Exnie

Exnie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Come on people. Don't be jerks just because to think you are a better designer than him...

@gmaxxx:
    They are kind or right though. I suggest you fist look up some photoshop/Illustrator (If you're into designing logos as well as banners) tutorials to refine your style. Also, I would advise against using animated .gifs as banners as it comes of as unprofessional.

Once you have gained a little more experience you should register a good domain name and set up a carefully designed portfolio.

Finally, while you are one the web, if you are looking be be seen as professional you should stop talking with abbreviations like:
    Always capitalize! always write with real words. And try not to use colored text too often.

Exnie, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  2. webdesignoutlet

webdesignoutlet Peon

Best Answers:
    Being brutally honest is the best way to help somebody asking for feedback. If you sugar coat it and tell them that they are doing an awesome job when they are not, then you are just creating a dillusion that isn't going to do any good for them. If they ask for feedback, then they should be ready to get it straight. The first thing that comes to mind is the most useful feedback, whether it seems super nice or not. Kind of like "tough love" ...I don't think anybody on this thread intended offense or was a jerk. I say keep on with straight forward feedback and brutal honesty. I wish I would have gotten more of that early on...it's worth its weight in gold.

By the way, it's only not a real word until enough people use it. At one point in time "internet" was not a real word. Who cares anyways? He's asking for feedback and it's not like he is in a professional sales meeting.

webdesignoutlet, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  3. eclipsemedia

eclipsemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to throw in my two sense but most of it is covered. If you trully want to be taken serious and you seriously want to be looked at as being professional. Start by acting professional. Using the slang you have used as already given me an idea of your professionalism and it's not good.

eclipsemedia, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  4. gmaxxx

gmaxxx Peon

Best Answers:
    well i am deeply touched by the feedback, i am very happy that so many people have come for giving feedback. although i am a starter i am designing banners for many currently through my site, they think i fit the bill as far as they are concerned.

i just wanted to attract one and all, hence, the use of slang and hardcore photoshop professional - the word. It was my marketing technique, irrespective of you liking or not and everything went right, bonus being, your good and honest feedback.

i am going to improve for sure wait and watch.

thanking you all from within my heart

take care,

regards,
    gmaxxx

maxadvertising.blogspot.com :)

gmaxxx, Mar 12, 2009 IP