1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My stock protfolio (ask any questions)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Seqqa, Oct 5, 2010.

Here's my current trading portfolio, my trading style is based on long term investing (weeks, month and years etc). I trade with 80% fundamentals and 20% technical analsys. I buy stocks in companies as if I was buying 100% of the company, I try to look for quality undervalued stock. I always have an exit plan before an entry plan.

[​IMG]

Full size: http://i53.tinypic.com/2luyuet.png

S&P 500 Growth YTD: 11.53%

If you have any questions please leave them below and I'll be happy to answer them.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    Seqqa, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  2. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    Oil, internet, car manufacturer, banks..... Seems like your're well diversified. It also looks like you've generated a positive return on all but one of your investments...

Solid portfolio in my opinion!!! I'm not a trading expert by any means but I would be happy if I had that portfolio (mostly green numbers is a good thing) haha.

Le Dangles, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of chair do you sit on when you trade?

contentboss, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah BAC is giving me a bit of heat, I have a stop loss on every position so I'm comfitable. I'll be holding onto BAC for a while unless I get stopped out. Another thing is I never really manually close a position I just keep moving my stop loss up untill the stock runs out of steam and stops me out. Key to the game is cut your losers quicky and let the winners run like BP for example. I also spend a hell of a lot of time researching both current positions and new investment opportunities, I've also created my own risk vs reward formula that I use to jude position size.

It's unbranded unfortunately, otherwise I could tell you.

Seqqa, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent investment in BP . I'm surprised that the financial sector isn't in the green . But also I didn't expected Ford to have such a increase in sales . Autumn's "back to work I guess" .

Here's a tip winter is coming . The electricity bills will start rising .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Financials are still very dicey. Fords a very stong company, great fundamentals I think I'll be holding onto Ford. I've brought Google because it's been listed as the first company that has all the right factors to be the first to reach a market cap of $1tn, XOM was listed too and I've got my eye on XOM to buy into long term I want a few stock that I plan on holding onto for the next 5-10 years. So I expect Google to be a very long hold maybe the longest hold I'll ever have, I think Google will reach $1k a share within the next 3-5 years. The last 10 years were great for stocks we've just come out of a massive bull market.

Yeah I think energy stocks are strong anyway as for oil companies demand will out strip supply by 2013. I was doing some research on crude oil yesterday and I collected some interesting information on the future of crude oil. Also energy demands will go through the roof in the new few years just down to rate the population growth more homes being built more people using power and requiring it.

I also don't use silly charts that are stuffed with indicators I have 1 indicator on my charts and that's volume at running at the bottom. I simply use candle stick charts to monitor price action and my trades, sometimes I'll add a 50/200 period moving avg to it but not very often. Like I said 20% is technical analysis.

Seqqa, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  7. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Hate to bust your balls Seqqa but oil will still be cheap for another 20 years .

8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You totally sure about that?

[​IMG]

Seqqa, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  9. franktechnology

franktechnology Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks like you need to sit down and handle my shares.

franktechnology, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  10. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're losing close out all positions give yourself a pat on the back for trying and get back to studying. You've just got to be an expert researcher understand the companies that your buying into look at their revenue YoY (year on year) is it growing at what rate? Does the company have any out-standing debts owed? Learn how to read financial data, then you'll likely see an inprovement in your success rate. It's a skill and it has to be learned, there's no short cuts you have to become a mater of it. I love the finance so I'm always buying books to improve my knowledge and my understanding of everything there's much I still have to learn.

Seqqa, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Well I'm 90% sure . I remember having a heated debate on the subject whit my Natural Resources Geography professor .
    He gave me and optimistic 2050 until oil becomes to expensive to extract but he said that given the rapid rise the oil will be viable for another 25-30 years . And that was about 5 years ago . The problem isn't that the oil is running out the problem is that we can't extract it at a decent price .

I didn't bother to investigate the 80% spike in gas price in the EU but I might have a look at that in the near future .

12. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That'll only be the case if supply can keep up with demand otherwise the price will rise pretty rapidly. The fact or the matter is we're having to drill deeper and deeper for it. I agree on the point that oil extraction will price itself out of the market, as the reserves that are left will not be reachable with current drilling technology or just not cost effective or both.

I always like to keep an eye on oil trends, as it can be a good indicator to take short positions on airlines.

Seqqa, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  13. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you think about stocks like SOLR, TSL, FSLR and such... Are they good long-term investments? What is the best long-term investment someone can make, apart from GOOG?

dmi, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  14. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any green energy stocks I believe will perform very well depending on how long you hold onto them for. SOLR I believe in is a sure long term bet and all the other stocks you displayed look very strong and bullish long term. Take profits when you can sell the highs and then buy back in on the lows and bag the profits and keep getting in and out and swing trade the up trend. Try and get a feel for risk vs. reward and always set a stop loss according to how risky you think a trade is I'd personally not set a stop loss bigger than -25% on any stock, of course you need to give it room to breath but to much room can kill you off is the market takes another bash. I'd personally work on building a portfolio of 10-20 stocks. Google $GOOG like you say is very strong stock I believe that Google hit $1,000 a share in the next 5-10 years. $BAC Bank of America looks very undervalued and is starting to show support around $13.00 and could become bullish very soon. $AAPL Apple Inc. is looking very strong as could even reach $350 - $400. $C Citigroup is very undervalued and I still see massive profits to be made there I think next 2-5 years C will hit $20, closed yesterday at $4.24 so there's room for atleast 400% return. I personally brought C back when it hit $1 one of my best trades of 2009.

Please, please don't just buy stocks on my advice do your own research don't be the blind man without a cane.

Seqqa, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  15. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    man even i bet on stocks...trend is whatever i buy dips and once i sell it rockets to the sky!!...
    learned to have paitence though, after losing 2k$$

~~~~, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  16. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You profitable now or did you give up and couldn't take the pain any longer?

Seqqa, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  17. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    am holding lol...no options

~~~~, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  18. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are you in and what price did you get in at if you don't mind me asking? I maybe able to give you some advice on what the future may hold.

Seqqa, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  19. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol i am talking about indian stocks, which i dont think you will have an idea about :)
    Some stocks are inching up slowly 7 waiting to get 2-5% and get out safely XD

~~~~, Oct 13, 2010 IP