1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MY Whole opinion on Social Networks

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MattChicago, Apr 1, 2010.

You know being a promoter and working with musicians, bands, djs and labels social networks sort of help to some degree but also can be a total headache in the long run, they are mostly just buzzed up when they start and they settle down after everyone on the earth is registered on there networks. Its all a buzz and hype.

For example when myspace first came out it was cool, simple, structured and did not have everyone and there brother plus a million spam bots on the system. I liked myspace back then and it was just for musicians (back then) now look what happened to it its overran with ads, and they have stirred away from when it first started. The only thing myspace is good for now is Myspace Blasting and just overloading your friends comment boards with free ads. hahaha.....

Now we got twitter (yawn) i remember twitter when it was not even anything to look at, boring ass website back then the only good thing about twitter is for phones and being on-the-go its not really needed for PC use since most people who use twitter are using a phone, iphone or some other mobile device.

Facebook i like facebook and will always like facebook, i like it how the site is restricted on many aspects to what you can put on your profile, i love the coding and also i love how they restrict you to how many friends you can have unless its a fan page or group page. I will always like facebook however i have been getting further and further away from facebook due to all the myspace rejects finding the network and being total noobs on the network.

Youtube i love me some youtube i have my video channel there where i post concert and event videos that i film in chicago from the talent i deal with, and well its great for marketing and promotions since a lot of people do get discovered on youtube if you are in the music industry it just depends on what you do and what the people are looking for.

Now there is probably other social networks that are out there but....they are not massive like myspace, facebook or twitter and i think they want it that way so they wont get overloaded as well.

MattChicago, Apr 1, 2010 IP