1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

myspace.com

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Abbadox, Mar 26, 2006.

I have been watching the websites for sale and many of the high income sites are related to myspace.com, they all seem to make very good money and have lots of traffic very fast. HOW, I mean how does a site that has only been online for a week make thousands each day? and its not just one site that has done it, I have read about many of them? any ideas on what they do to get so big so fast?

Abbadox, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    I was wondering this myself today actually. I personally dont think these sites makes thousands a day but could get a few thousand visitors a day.

In order to make thousands a day on a myspace type of site you are going to need a huge amount of traffic.

aaron_nimocks, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  3. Abbadox

Abbadox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well unless they are all lying (very possible), it just seems odd that I have found about 20 myspace type sites for sale all less then 3 months old and have stats showing very high traffic and thousands of income. So if it is possible I would REALLY like to know how and if it is just a big scam we need to make sure everyone looking at the forsale section knows about it.

Abbadox, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  4. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    no, myspace is a very hot search term(look on keyword-tracker). The xenra was able to make 200-300$ per day in a few weeks despite that he knew nothing about SEO when he started.

latehorn, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  5. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    *Deleted as someone took the idea.

aaron_nimocks, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  6. Abbadox

Abbadox Active Member

Best Answers:
    already gone...lol

Abbadox, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  7. Abbadox

Abbadox Active Member

Best Answers:
    So the big question is how do they do it. guess I will have to look for a good domain and see what I can do

Abbadox, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  8. rick sample

rick sample Peon

Best Answers:
    Marketing is the key. Myspace has been slammed all over the news as of late because they say it isn't a save place to be. Sure if gives the site a bad rep, but it gives them millions of more visistors which makes the site even more popular.

rick sample, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  9. JonathanLyons

JonathanLyons Active Member

Best Answers:
    MySpace has the best word of mouth advertising I think of any site on the web today. It's unreal.

JonathanLyons, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  10. ConfusedSoul

ConfusedSoul Peon

Best Answers:
    It's simple. YPN, for the BIG BUCKS ads in convenient little places. Of course some teenager is never going to click/actually USE an insurance agency or a mortgage broker. But if put in the right place it's inevitable people will click on the ads by accident if just to see why they're there. And that's another $5-$10 for the website owner and a $15 or so loss for the person who created ads on YPN.

ConfusedSoul, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  11. Abbadox

Abbadox Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree the money is made from putting the high value ad in the right spot so the kid clicks the ad but how do they get the thousands of kids to come to the site in the first place. I think it is only a matter of time before YPN gets wise to this kind of stuff and puts and end to it.

Abbadox, Mar 27, 2006 IP