1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

myspace comment question

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by izlik, Apr 5, 2008.

Hello.

I was just wondering out of curiousity. If i where to post links from my website onto artisit's myspace comment area to generate hits/visitors, (wich has proven good) would it have any negative effect? or could i just continue?

izlik, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  2. meaghannf

meaghannf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt you'd get in trouble but there's generally so much spam on the comments of big myspace names that I'm not sure it would actually generate much traffic. Also, comments move through the page so fast that it wouldn't be visible on the homepage after a certain amount of time. The other downside is that if you are posting the same message over and over you could get tagged as a spammer.

meaghannf, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i did that for a while at the beginning and got some backlinks to few of my sites. but stopped doing that when myspace started url redirection. it will not put any negative or positive effect on your SERP as myspace is redirecting the external links.

sultanofseo, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I just looked at one of the spam comments on one of my old test MySpace pages and I see a plain HTML link, no redirect.

Can you show me a MySpace page with a redirected link?

Will.Spencer, Apr 19, 2008 IP