1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace deleted my account

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by gder01, Apr 18, 2007.

1. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe their flags suck? :p

checksum, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  2. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    How about make an announcement telling everyone to change their password.

Any account that doesn't have a passwrod change within 30 days gets limited until they do so.

This would get rid of a lot of spam from phished accounts.

This one will hit a nerve here but I'm just being realistic: Go to sites that have member engaged in activities against the MySpace TOS. Like seeling comments, bulletins and accounts.

Then for example, John Doe is selling bulletins. Buy one and monitor the accounts that a particular("planted") bulletin come from and delete the accounts.
    Another example, Jane doe is selling an account, inquire about the account and then delete it.

In the spirit of Web 2.0. Utilize their user base to combat spam and fraud.
    Start a drawing with prizes ranging in value from ipods to cars. Report a message as spam and get an entry to win an iopd. Report a phishing attempt and get an entry to win a computer. Report a phishing site or site adding maliscious code(like transparent gifs in div tags) and get an entry to win a car.

bunnybling, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  3. Cronus

Cronus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace doesn't care about the user, myspace cares about money. If they were buying cars and iPods etc. There is no gain, all that does is help the users. And as previsouly stated, they don't care about that.

Cronus, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  4. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That first suggestion is genius. It would take out so many phished accounts.

5. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    Very narrow. Of course MySpace cares about it's users. Without users they wouldn't have advertisers. I'm sure they didn't skip business 101.

bunnybling, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  6. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Giveaways would attract a lot of users which = more money. It would also help fight phished account spam.

7. Cronus

Cronus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mean they don't want to keep their members. They obviously do. But they also know that they are one of the most visited sites out there. Most people that just sit at home and do myspace things just do it because they have nothing else to do, and could care less about server bugs and spam.

The spam may get annoying but they know it cant be fully stopped, it will always be there.

Losing a small group of people that actually understand them wont ruin them, they gain thousands of new accounts every day they can afford to lose a few.

I'm also not saying that giveaways aren't a good idea. I just gave away a large prize on my site earlier today, I know I attracted more people by hosting the giveaway. But giving away a car is really large and they might not want to take that step. Plus they would have to register a gambling license to do so. Also, another hassle for them.

Cronus, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  8. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    wow good stuff guys. I like the password idea too. Such a simple thing and yet they don't do it? Why. All we see is, "If you noticed bulletins that you do not send...change your password". What is that? That is not nearly enough for the average user to grasp.

Like I said in my 'bot' thread, they need a page dedicated to alerts and security things so that the avg. user is kept up to speed and not left in the dark.

I like the 'contest' idea. I would have won a plasma 42" by now from all the accounts I have reported!!!

@ Cronus, dude, they could execute anything and everything they wanted to...they've got the bankroll! What have they done so far? Sue some people and wipe out web sites. Big deal.

timsdd, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  9. Arson

Arson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have to have a gambling lisense for givaways?

Arson, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  10. skdigi

skdigi Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe someone already mentioned this, i just skimmed through the replies but if you are going to make a myspace account, just go to your options and tick the box that allows you to stop receiving notifications of new friend requests, messages, comments, etc.

i feel bad for ya, that's all you would've had to do!

skdigi, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  11. mkat

mkat Peon

Best Answers:
    A few bot sites still exist, and provide full support with their software. I came across this www.MadderAdder.com the other day and just simply love the program :)

If you are really into mypace marketing get a server based application custom built. I know such applications can send at the rate of 100 friend requests under 10 secs.

mkat, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  12. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you make fake profiles, whether 'by hand' or by bot, or some other program, and you get caught out, you will be deleted. Why are people surprised by this? Myspace doesn't want a site full of fakes.

magda, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  13. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    you mean to tell me that the 17 hot "chicks" that want to be my friend daily aren't in fact real hot females that want to have sexual relations :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

timsdd, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  14. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need some new material Tims. :p

checksum, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  15. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    son of a :eek:

am I repeating myself again?

just call me mr. short term memory!