1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace link masking

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by frawsty, Apr 20, 2007.

Every anchor I post in MySpace is being masked by msplinks.com + an encoded string.

The links are still functional and being forwarded properly but this is bad for backlinking. Anyone know anything about this?? I can't find anything on the internet about it.

This is happening on any myspace comment, no matter if it's wrapping an image or text.

I've tried on several different accounts and target profiles.

Johnny

frawsty, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  2. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lord probably something they are doing now to combat their spam. However, I'm wondering how this will effect links directly in a persons profile.

I'll have to do some testing, first I've heard of it.

cldnails, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  3. frawsty

frawsty Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing I can see this helping is perhaps as a backlink abuse counter-measure. They could also have a filtered site list too.

At first I thought it was some new profile pimper thing but it their is no pattern except perhaps that I'm posting from the same IP. I've tried multiple MySpace accounts, multiple comment targets (main and photo comments), multiple profile targets and even tried different domain links.

I also checked for local malware on my system and didn't find anything.

frawsty, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  4. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    They are getting more and more hardcore re combatting spam. This is just part of an overall initiative. They've also clamped down on adder programs and bots. I'm sure there's more to come.

webmasterlabor.com, Apr 20, 2007 IP