1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace marketing

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by DBallerz, Sep 16, 2008.

Is Myspace marketing as profitable/useful as it used to be? I'm looking to promote a couple of sites including the one in my sig, a proxy site and a puppy rater site. Will they be successful? Do you guys have an software for myspace adders paid or free? Just looking to get some direction!

DBallerz, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  2. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    I think as with all marketing activity, it's always best to have multiple methods for people to get to you. Myspace can be a great tool if used correctly. I'd presume though, to have real success you'd need to get your sleeves rolled up and maybe get making some (relevant) friends on there and joining some myspace groups.

Meanna Blog, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  3. radish

radish Banned

Best Answers:
    I did that before and found a free software that adds friends to my myspace account but after a week my account got banned. I think they can detect softwares like that and sometimes will ban you for marketing in myspace. My suggestion, better try friendster or facebook. I am currently doing some marketing in friendster through bulletins. Hope it helps.

radish, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  4. SK4life

SK4life Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace marketing is dead. It used to be a great way to bank... until they started suing everyone. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

SK4life, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  5. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep marketing on myspace is dead unless you are marketing music. I can market products through myspace and many other social networks with success mainly for brand recognition but as far as affiliate marketing etc it does you no good.

primeelite, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  6. drbones

drbones Peon

Best Answers:
    I find it hard to believe people even use myspace these days with Facebook grabbing so much of the pie.

drbones, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  7. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    People do use myspace and on facebook there are not as many marketing opportunities as there is myspace due to the way facebook is used. I think there are not many marketing ops in either but I don't know if people have taken full advantage of myspace apps yet.

primeelite, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  8. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    It can definitely be profitable, I do it all the time to promote "make money online" types of products, I generate friends and send out the messages with an automated program called friend blaster pro. Feel free to check it out in my signature.

Gallito, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  9. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not as it used to be, but its still something

almir, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  10. onrsndr

onrsndr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace marketing is too bad...

onrsndr, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  11. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    myspace is nothing like what it used to be. Just to even leave the site by clicking a link you encounter a "are you sure you want to leave myspace?" message.

narsticle, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  12. EZWealthQueen

EZWealthQueen Peon

Best Answers:
    MySpace is still good for having your profile setup with your biz info for the whole www to see, to network and make contacts, to portray yourself as an expert in the groups for newbies as well as seasoned marketers to reach... My goodness folks don't be so negative, think of it as another marketing tool.

Karen
    http://ezwealthsolution.com/?karenconley

EZWealthQueen, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  13. South266

South266 Guest

Best Answers:
    I use myspace for selling cd's & paid downloads, Guess i am lucky to have musical ambition bcause then you'll have more "space" when approaching people with invites,comments,etc..they're accepting alot from musicians, less work to put your IM stuff into the streamline..once i've got +/-70.000 hits in 3 day's on my widget.That really encourages me to keep doin it.:)

South266, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  14. Taney

Taney Peon

Best Answers:
    Post Myspace Website , Selling Good Products .

Taney, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  15. scriptamp

scriptamp Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out scriptamp.com, while mass messaging people and using PPC may be dying, apps are the way to go to tap into the 1billion monthly views they have!

scriptamp, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  16. 4u-domains

4u-domains Member

Best Answers:
    MySpace has gotten smaller and less relevant to me but thats probably inevitable given the rise of alternative sites that are more in vogue.

4u-domains, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  17. IMdude2000

IMdude2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what your promoting... it can still be used to get good earnings if used right and not spammed

IMdude2000, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  18. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Marketing on MySpace can be a really exciting venture, especially when things go well.

Ultimately, it requires two things:

1. The Will
    2. The Know How

Since you’re here, I’m assuming you have the will and are looking for more of the know how. Well you’ve come to the right place. Either you have no experience with marketing on MySpace or you just found out it’s not as easy as you thought it was. I’ve seen bands and businesses spend hours trying to market on MySpace with hardly any success. And everyone tells them the same thing… “it just takes time.” Well, they’re right, it does take time… but for people like me, it takes a lot less time. I used to be in their position until I worked at a label and learned some interesting techniques and tools I had no idea ever existed!

The problem they’re having is not knowing about these tools and techniques, and also, not completely understanding the users. Contrary to popular belief, marketing with MySpace is nothing like spamming, but it’s a little more than just developing relationships with people. You still have to know all the tools and the tricks to be successful! Most people ask “what more is there to know?” The answer is plenty!

Candise, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  19. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been promoting my business on space now, but i think facebook is better, i use it for marketing about years!

SunstarShop, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  20. worldrunner

worldrunner Peon

Best Answers:
    It's worth a try. It's not as popular or easy as it was, but it still has millions of users. You can't blast out a bunch of messages without your account being considered spam, so you have to use moderation.

worldrunner, Aug 17, 2009 IP