1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace marketing..?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by hitboy, Jul 7, 2007.

When the myspace bots were still around I use to market using myspace just by adding friends but I never did anything else.. I have a bunch of myspace accounts but my question is how well do bulletins work? I mean do people look at the bulletins in myspace just curious?>

hitboy, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  2. tyzer

tyzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my experience i've found myspace bulletins a waste of time, but thats just my opinion. On three seperate occasions I sent a bulletin on 3 different accounts to over 5000 people each time.

The most clicks throughs to my site through these bulletins were 20 people, and thats out of 6000 people that received that bulletin. Out of those 20 people, they were on my website for no longer than 1 minute, and of course led to no sales or sign ups.

This was just my experience, and i'm sure other people have had better luck, but for me, MySpace maketing is a waste of time and effort.

tyzer, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  3. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experience

hitboy, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  4. sakib000

sakib000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know any thing about my space. can you please tell me how did you get 5000 visitors from my spsace

sakib000, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  5. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    Bots, spammers and greedy marketers ruined it for everyone a while, but MySpace has eliminated most of it, making the he marketeing evironment friendly again and more lucrative for people that played nice and didn't get banned.

bunnybling, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  6. noxious

noxious Peon

Best Answers:
    you have a product that is far too advanced and useless to the average dolt who uses myspace, i can imagine it being great traffic for a more teen-oriented site.

i'm currently using a cracked version of FriendBlasterPro (unfortunately cos of the captcha its a pain to add more than 50 friends a day) and i'm up to something like 400. i ripped a good looking girl's myspace and customized it a bit, a lot of guys accept the request :p.

http://www.myspace.com/simplysarahxo

noxious, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  7. Schappster

Schappster Peon

Best Answers:
    I found myspace to be a total waste of time imo for marketing

Schappster, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  8. llamafier

llamafier Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it would work really good if you were advertising something that interested the age group of friends on the account. I haven't actually had any experience but I'm working on getting a Myspace going to advertise proxy sites. Teenagers have to be interested in that. :)

llamafier, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  9. FE Joe

FE Joe Guest

Best Answers:
    I have heard of some people have success in marketing free-stuff sites on myspace....

FE Joe, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  10. sevenRa

sevenRa Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't the guy who made badderadder get sued for alot of money by Myspace. I wouldn't make a program for that site for no less that 1k.

sevenRa, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  11. Michael Reily

Michael Reily Guest

Best Answers:
    waste time in my space... quality of the traffic is crap for most niches..

Maybe you can only do myspace marketing with music? I'm not sure. but i think there's 1 or 2 markets suitable for my space, just got to find which market.

Michael Reily, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  12. MihuSEO

MihuSEO Banned

Best Answers:
    I get $10 / day marketing on myspace .. but ti's really not worth the trouble ... I promote free stuff like free ipods and iphone from copeac.com

MihuSEO, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  13. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mihuseo you should be careful with that i heard a lot of affiliates getting in trouble for that...

hitboy, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  14. Holly

Holly Banned

Best Answers:
    I have a MySpace account and I get spam like clockwork....both in the bulletins and in messages. There are also spammy posts in the huge number of discussion groups.

MySpace is more useful for networking.

Holly, Jul 8, 2007 IP