1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace sold for $580 million in 2005, sells for $35 million in 2011

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by danasurvey, Jul 6, 2011.

It's amazing how much value MySpace lost in just 6 years!!

Did everyone hear that Justin Timberlake was part of the group that bought MySpace?

So much for Rupert Murdoch making a profit on this one.

I still think the new ownership will have a tough time competing with Facebook and Twitter.

danasurvey, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  2. cobbler

cobbler Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace will have to undergo a complete revamp, top to bottom. I hope have they have the development team in place to handle this. I mean, look what happened to the Friendster. Weren't they the original social network?? Facebook gets 143M visitors/mo, Myspace 31M and Friendster 573K. Myspace has a long way to go to beat out Facebook. And now with the launch of Google+ they have even more competition.

cobbler, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  3. lowrider.STi

lowrider.STi Member

Best Answers:
    myspace was overtaken by facebook some time ago..no wonder its value is so low no...They need a miracle to become what they used to be.

lowrider.STi, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  4. jwmann2

jwmann2 Peon

Best Answers:
    They have no capabilities and had poor maintanence of spammers. (Myspace)
    What could you do on Myspace? It was good for Music and bands, but not for the general public. I prefer Twitter to facebook these days actually.

jwmann2, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. MySpace needs to be totally reworked and add something unique that FaceBook doesn't offer. As for the development team, I heard as part of the sale, half of MySpace's staff was laid off.

danasurvey, Jul 16, 2011 IP