1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace traffic...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by maverickk3, Dec 4, 2007.

Its something that I don't understand and I want your help...
    Everyday I see in my awstats about 15k+ traffic in one of my sites but 72% it is traffic from that url :

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm

could someone explain to me if this is a real traffic or something else?

Thanks ;)

maverickk3, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  2. spect

spect Peon

Best Answers:
    If I'm not mistaken, that's traffic coming from profiles maybe your profile ?

Yes, that's real traffic.

Do you have a link on your profile back to your website ? If so that's why you have that refferer. :p

spect, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  3. maverickk3

maverickk3 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have a link to my website my friend,but Ι compare the results with the adsense,and the adsense has only 100 impressions :(
    I don't understand...
    Thank you very much for your answer :)

maverickk3, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  4. ItzSS

ItzSS Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds to me like Adsense does not match what your myspace profile is about. :p

ItzSS, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  5. WickedSmartie

WickedSmartie Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes -- those are links from MySpace profile pages. Don't know about awstats (never used it), but Google Analytics has robust inbound URL tracking. So (if you were using GAnalytics) if you've got a link on your own MySpace page, you could adjust the URL to carry tracking codes, and at least be able to differentiate links from your profile page vs. others.

I'm just wonder what on EARTH kind of site you're running that throws 15K+ in MySpace traffic!

(I've got a potentially really useful strategy for building social network traffic; PM me for details if you want. And, yes, I'm selling something that contains the info, but no, I won't make you buy it before sharing it.)

WickedSmartie, Dec 5, 2007 IP