1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by TechDudeDan, Jun 21, 2008.

Is it ok if I created a Myspace profile for my flash site and then added say around 20 people each day and once a week sent out a bulletin about my arcade site? I wouldn't get sued for spamming or anything?

TechDudeDan, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  2. DsCreaTionS

DsCreaTionS Banned

Best Answers:
    Huh? i dont understand..

DsCreaTionS, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  3. TechDudeDan

TechDudeDan Peon

Best Answers:
    Would I get in trouble for creating an account for my flash game site and then adding people and sendign out a bulleting once every week to remind people of my arcade site?

TechDudeDan, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You won't 'get sued'. If myspace think you're spamming , they'll disable your account.
    If nobody reports you for spamming, they probably won't think you are.
    Oh - any live links you put on your page or your bulletin might not work, though, not only are they put through a redirect, but links they don't like/recognise, get redirected to a page warning users about spam and viruses.

magda, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  5. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually magda, I think every single link posted in either bulletins, your profile page, messages, or anything else get redirected to their msplinks.com URL, which then warns the user that it may be a phishing attempt, etc etc. They don't do it for just pages they don't like, it's every link (last I knew, anyways).

To TechDudeDan: so many other people do this tactic, that you can easily get away with it. However, in order to see some significant traffic, you probably need at least 30,000-40,000 friends to send the bulletin to. MySpace cannot sue you for it, but they do have the right to remove your account, so just exercise caution and don't make it too obvious you're spamming, and you'll be fine.

EDIT: I will tell you though, there are many better websites to market on. One good example is Twitter. Not only are links posted there directed right to your site (not though some other domain that warns the user that the site may be dangerous), but it's also allowed that you can just post up link after link. Plus, it's so much easier to rack up Twitter followers because the Twitter friend pages are just long lists of people, and all you do is click 1 button and then you are following the person. You can get around 50 per page, I think, which is easily 100 followings in about a minute.

Ascendancy, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  6. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I said links they didn't like/recognise, because I have found at least one type of link that they seem to allow without the warning - links to Facebook, ironically enough.
    I found a link to a Facebook page (not a profile - the 'page' feature that Facebook have for products, businesses etc - I don't if the same applies to a profile) works fine.

magda, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  7. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's strange, never seen that.

Ascendancy, Jun 21, 2008 IP