1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a Powerful and easy to manage CMS for a huge site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by poseidon, Nov 28, 2006.

OK, I am not a newbie as far as CMS's are conerned. Though I have only used Drupal and never used joomla or Mambo but I understand them. After using Drupal I felt that it may not be suitable for a huge site which I am looking to work on. I have never seen a very big site which runs on drupal as well(250k uniques/month).

On my site there is going to be lot's of content and I have to edit it alot as well as monitor it, so I want the best and easy to manage system.

Regards

poseidon, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  2. Makis77

Makis77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Joomla

Makis77, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  3. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    I've never used Drupal but I have built some large Joomla sites. You shouldn't have a problem as long as you're using a dedicated host, have the application cache turned on and use a php code caching system like eAccelerator.net (there are other php cache products also but I only have experience with this one).

As the site traffic grows, if performance / response times become an issue you can always throw more hardware at it or even hack the core to tune Db or reduce the volume SQL queries.

My wife (not technical at all) manages a Joomla site with over 250 categories and thousands of documents with no problems.

-jay

classifieds, Dec 1, 2006 IP