1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice about creating a business name

Discussion in 'General Business' started by nd00jan, Jan 11, 2012.

I'm in the phase of creating a business name for myself. I will be forming a LLC Company located in the US with only me as a member.

I need some advice here...

First of all,
    I will be doing online eCommerce and I guess retailer would be the title. The name I choose has to be a neutral name since I'm gonna be involved in several niches. If I choose a pretty general name then I could get into any niche.

So any niche can't be involved in the name, but since my work of field would be eCommerce/online retail then I quess I could add those in the business name like:

Name eCommerce
    Name Retail

...something like that.

I came up with a great name that was already taken, but could I then just add something at the end, and all together it would then be a "New" name...

For instance, the name "Microsoft" is already taken, can I just then add eCommerce? All together it would be:

"Microsoft eCommerce".

I don't think I'm gonna use Microsoft :rolleyes: but I wonder if this is a way to create a business name in order to create on that is not already taken. For example when choosing:

"Investment Finance"

...this might already be taken, but If I add

""Investment Finance Enterprise"

...then it might be available.

I don't know if it is OK to do this.

I guess there's a bunch of things to add as addition to one of the names:

Name Corporation
    Name Enterprise
    Name Group

etc.

I feel that a maximum of 3 words should go in the name, I guess that 4 words would be to long.

Also the qustion is should I go for a "real name" or a "fantasy name". It might be easier to find an available domain name if I pick a fantasy name.

Will the name only be protected in the state I'm incorporated in? Meaning that someone else in another state can take the same name? This would also mean that I can choose a name that is already taken in another state as long as no one else have the same name in the state I'm incorporated in.

Maybe I should hire someone to create a business name for me. Since english is not my native language, I might end up with a name that sounds good in my ears but sounds goofy for a person that has english as their native language. It might be a good idea to hire someone to do it.

nd00jan, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  2. knewedge

knewedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just consider your LLC a parent company of your individual sites which could be separate divisions. That being said keep your LLC completely neutral (example: Joe Blow Enterprises) and focus on purchasing relevant domain names for your ecommerce sites.

knewedge, Jan 11, 2012 IP