1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need advice about outsourcing logo design

Discussion in 'General Business' started by adisolutions, Feb 2, 2010.

hi guys,

i have few project going on right now and a full time job. i also got married two months ago. so, all in all i'm pretty busy.

one of my projects is i design logos for people. well, since i got married and would like to focus more on other projects i'm not able to design the logos myself but still get clients. i was never charging too much....anywhere between $150 - $250

do you think it's a smart idea to outsource this kind of stuff and just be the "middle" man or simply forget about it.

also, do you think i can find quality people who would design logos for $50 $80 (i am sorry if these numbers are really low...i have never outsourced anything and i didn't mean to offend anyone with them)

thanks

adisolutions, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  2. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

As you very well know, being a logo designer yourself, the price of a logo depends on how hard (or how easy) it is to make as well as on the experience of the designer. I am sure there are a lot of good newbie logo designers out there who will be glad to take on outsourced projects. You can try looking for such on oDesk and other freelancer websites.
    Hope that helps :)

affilorama, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  3. Michael Ryans

Michael Ryans Peon

Best Answers:
    I would try using a site called 99designs.com. You can post your project and select the best one. For the price you have for a logo, you can get some decent designers working for you. Hope that helps.

Michael Ryans, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  4. inspiroHost

inspiroHost Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a really low price for a logo (in my opinion). There is a lot of research involved behind truly good logos, colors, target audience etc, which would result in a much higher cost. Again just my opinion.

inspiroHost, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  5. maddigga

maddigga Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that it won't be too hard to find quality designers at your prices, though you may want to go up if you're going to be sharing the profit. However, I think you will be making a mistake if you decide to just be the middleman and forget it. Your name, whether you complete the job or not, is still going to be attached to the project. I think you should retain final veto rights and look over/approve each project. This might save you from complaints.

maddigga, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  6. rajgupta

rajgupta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you can find people who can work under your name and you keep getting money for it, then it is definitely advisable to go for it and that is what outsourcing or freelancing (from workers point of view) is all about.
    I am myself working in partnership with a designer firm and would love to work for you.
    Please PM me if you are considering outsourcing and we can strike a deal.
    Would love to listen from you.

rajgupta, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  7. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, I have seen people getting good stuff for a good price at 99designs.

However, adisolutions, I don't think you can get a quality logo for "$50 $80" — that's a bit unrealistic unless your standards are quite low.

SmallPotatoes, Feb 4, 2010 IP